• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pete. The keeper let a goal in!

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Very true and had they scored it would have been Tully's fault, although I can't help but think if the same happened with Jones in goal then it would have Jones' fault.
How sad but true dommers.

geoffwp

And yet, if I heard right, Tis said Hamer was the man of the match.
I wasn't at the game Mike, so no comment from me about comparative performances, but I would not be suprised to hear the manager had said something on these lines. Most managers will 'big up' a new player to make him feel welcome and comfortable. From what I heard it was a good performance, particularly as he is so new to the squad. Perhaps Tiz was expressing his relief??

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seems that Tisdale likes the same type of keeper, we've got Jonesy MK3 now. Made some great saves but kicking was the same as Jonah's. Need a bit more time before I can really say what I think but first impressions were that Hamer is a fairly similar 'keeper to Jones.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
What's to be baffled about Jenks? You've obviously mis-read my post as some kind of criticism of Hamer when it clearly isn't. Have another a read and work it out.
I wasn't referring to any of your posts Ian, on the contrary I agree with them. I was referring to other posts that are completely at odds with ours and a few other's opinions

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
And yet, if I heard right, Tis said Hamer was the man of the match..(Has someone said this before: too knackered to trawl)
What does Tisdale know Mike? Come on now, exeweb versus Paul Tisdale in a 'common-sense face-off'.......

What is it with this " kicking " thing ?

I have watched football for over forty years and can genuinely say that the topic of whether a goalkeeper can kick well had not only never crossed my mind, but has never been a topic in any discussions I have ever had at any time in those forty years. Until I came onto this site.

I remain utterly baffled as to why anyone cares if one keeper can kick better than another.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
What is it with this " kicking " thing ?

I have watched football for over forty years and can genuinely say that the topic of whether a goalkeeper can kick well had not only never crossed my mind, but has never been a topic in any discussions I have ever had at any time in those forty years. Until I came onto this site.

I remain utterly baffled as to why anyone cares if one keeper can kick better than another.
Well since the backpass rule came in mate, kicking has become a more important weapon in the arsenal so to speak. The truth is, Hamer's kicks were pretty good yesterday and with either foot. If he continues to play like he did yesterday then we are in for a successful season

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
The truth is, Hamer's kicks were pretty good yesterday and with either foot.
You didn't go to the game then? ;) Hamer's kicking was no better than Jones', he shanked a few into touch and didn't look any more confident than Jonah. I don't think it's much of an issue TBH, didn't when PJ was in goal, when Artur was in goal or now that Hamer is in goal. What really matters for me are the reaction saves, something which PJ is good at and it also looks like Hamer might be good at.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
You didn't go to the game then? ;) Hamer's kicking was no better than Jones', he shanked a few into touch and didn't look any more confident than Jonah. I don't think it's much of an issue TBH, didn't when PJ was in goal, when Artur was in goal or now that Hamer is in goal. What really matters for me are the reaction saves, something which PJ is good at and it also looks like Hamer might be good at.
On a serious note Jan, I never fail to be amazed at how differently people can view the same game. A lot of people around me said that BH was just a good keeper but that we'd 'been used to jones'. Whereas I thought that PJ was a decent keeper and BH was, well, just on first impressions, a lot better.

Time will tell I suppose!!

IndoMike

I wasn't at the game Mike, so no comment from me about comparative performances, but I would not be suprised to hear the manager had said something on these lines. Most managers will 'big up' a new player to make him feel welcome and comfortable. From what I heard it was a good performance, particularly as he is so new to the squad. Perhaps Tiz was expressing his relief??
You could be right on all counts, especially the "relief" factor. although I think Tisdale must rate him highly to put him straight in and over and above our other keepers.