• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

People talking and laughing during the silence.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Although I kept the silence, I am frankly still in the dark as to what it was for. Yesterday was not the nearest Saturday to Armistice day - the 12th is nearer the 11th than the 5th.
I had presumed that it was connected to the M5 crash but am still no wiser.
Wasn't the fact that there was a collection going on around the ground for the Royal British Legion and all the players wearing shirts with a poppy on them some sort of clue? ;)

older-codger

Wasn't the fact that there was a collection going on around the ground for the Royal British Legion and all the players wearing shirts with a poppy on them some sort of clue? ;)
NO. I was also wearing a poppy (didn't notice the players had them TBH). Collections would be expected in the lead up and have been made for weeks. They are not made after the 11th normally

greenawayr

Like has been said, its a society problem. Some kids these days have no respect and feel the world permanently owes them something
Not being a kid, I don't feel obliged to defend them at all, but I would suggest it's their upbringing that is responsible for their behaviour. If they aren't taught manners and consideration, and even common sense, then it's unlikely they'll learn it from the crappy tv or video games they watch and play because their parent can't be arsed to spend some quality time with them.

This is clearly not an excuse for their behaviour, but the "bl00dy kids" brigade probably need to consider this instead of just assuming that the human race is deteriorating as part of evolution. Crappy parents invariably produce crappy kids.

Willy Nilly

Silence was fecked up by the announcer guy not mentioning the fecking silence and instead shouting 'Lets get behind the Grecians!!!'

And the tw*ts pouring bottles into the bottle bins during a minute's silence...AGAIN!

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
First of all we had a minute's applause for something we knew nothing about in the OG. Joe's announcement was so full of echoes and feedback on the OG tannoy that we didn't have a Scooby as to what was happening. However, we all stood and applauded enthusiastically. Second we then realised that the ref and players were all stood around the centre circle to observe a minute's silence. We all stood up again and observed a minute's silence for again we knew not what. We thought it was probably for the victims of the M5 crash, as Remembrance Sunday is next week and we are home to Walsall the day before! What are we going to do next Saturday then, nothing I suppose?

ECFC traveller

Not being a kid, I don't feel obliged to defend them at all, but I would suggest it's their upbringing that is responsible for their behaviour. If they aren't taught manners and consideration, and even common sense, then it's unlikely they'll learn it from the crappy tv or video games they watch and play because their parent can't be arsed to spend some quality time with them.

This is clearly not an excuse for their behaviour, but the "bl00dy kids" brigade probably need to consider this instead of just assuming that the human race is deteriorating as part of evolution. Crappy parents invariably produce crappy kids.
I'm sure in every generation of kids there has been good and bad, but you can't accuse ALL kids for being like this, there is always a minority in everything and it is the minority of kids who give all teenagers bad names. I and many others have good manors and although my behaviour may not be immaculate I'm sure yours wasn't when you were 16 either. My family members (Uncles, Dads ect) have all told me 'naughty' tales of themselves in the past that are equally as bad as what my friends have done. But i'm sure in 30 years time I will be criticizing the younger generation, but at the end of the day. We are kids, we're not as experienced and we are having a laugh most of the time (This has nothing to do with the talking and laughing through the silence, I totally think that is a disgrace but I'm arguing against the fact how you've generalised kids as one) and most teenagers are going through a hard stage of there life, puberty, end of school, first 'loves' ect.. Cut us some slack!

DJH2005

First of all we had a minute's applause for something we knew nothing about in the OG. Joe's announcement was so full of echoes and feedback on the OG tannoy that we didn't have a Scooby as to what was happening. However, we all stood and applauded enthusiastically. Second we then realised that the ref and players were all stood around the centre circle to observe a minute's silence. We all stood up again and observed a minute's silence for again we knew not what. We thought it was probably for the victims of the M5 crash, as Remembrance Sunday is next week and we are home to Walsall the day before! What are we going to do next Saturday then, nothing I suppose?
This, exactly. ^^

Red Lion

Silence was fecked up by the announcer guy not mentioning the fecking silence and instead shouting 'Lets get behind the Grecians!!!'

!
Wot 'e said.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
I'm sure in every generation of kids there has been good and bad, but you can't accuse ALL kids for being like this, there is always a minority in everything and it is the minority of kids who give all teenagers bad names. I and many others have good manors and although my behaviour may not be immaculate I'm sure yours wasn't when you were 16 either. My family members (Uncles, Dads ect) have all told me 'naughty' tales of themselves in the past that are equally as bad as what my friends have done. But i'm sure in 30 years time I will be criticizing the younger generation, but at the end of the day. We are kids, we're not as experienced and we are having a laugh most of the time (This has nothing to do with the talking and laughing through the silence, I totally think that is a disgrace but I'm arguing against the fact how you've generalised kids as one) and most teenagers are going through a hard stage of there life, puberty, end of school, first 'loves' ect.. Cut us some slack!
You're right - I was careful to say 'some' kids, as there are a very good bunch at the club as well. Those that find it funny to say potatos over and over again may as well go and support Celtic or some other poppy-hating inbreds

greenawayr

You honestly think I was asserting that all kids are the same despite the fact I was defending their generation???

I was suggesting that Mr Jenkins comment about "some kids these days", might perhaps be changed to something like, "some kids these days have no respect...because they've never been taught about respect".

Last edited: