• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

People talking and laughing during the silence.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well, listening on Grecian Player, all I can say is that I had no idea why a minutes silence was called for, I think I caught the name Dom Sanders from the announcer prior to the 'silence' so I assumed it was for his departure, albeit he passed away a couple of months ago!

I inquired on the matchday thread what the observation was for, and Fareham Grecian, who I know we all accept as exewebs resident *****, predictably replied "trust you to ask a question like that"! I told him what I thought of him, since I'm assuming he didnt know either, and waited through the 60 seconds.

I didnt think for one minute that it was to do with the M5 accident, and I couldnt believe it was in respect of Rememberence Day, since I make that next weekend!

Two wrongs dont make a right, but from what I'm picking up, we need to get Fullsy back on the mike. He wouldnt have let the situation go to buggery like it did!

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Two wrongs dont make a right, but from what I'm picking up, we need to get Fullsy back on the mike.
He can't Pete, he's taking over from Artur between the posts!! ;)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It seems the ref was the only one that knew what was going on, he neglected to tell the club beforehand.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I picked my son up from The Chiefs yesterday at 7pm and was disgusted at the number of drunk men and women staggering out of hospitality at that time still clutching half full plastic pint glasses, swearing and some being held upright by their friends because they couldn't walk. This happens every time they play at home. The staff in hospitality are regularly verbally abused throughout the game by rugby drunks who can't take their drink, think it is a jolly jape to manhandle female catering staff and show their c*cks after 5 or 6 pints.
So no different to the City Centre at 7pm after a City home game then?
As for abusing the catering staff, unacceptable I fully agree, there ought to be proper security around chucking people out in that case (Like I have seen at City in the past).

Personally, I would rather have the d*ckhead who talks during the minutes silence because they were unaware that there was a minutes silence, than the drunken scum that regularly leave a Chiefs match, 2 hours after the match has finished. A different class indeed
Are people really so retarded they don't notice a few thousand people have fallen silent? The tannoy is sh*te at the rugby (in the east 'stand') but somehow 9000+ still managed to observe it despite many having drunk a pint or 3 by that time.

My initial point was that there are d*ckheads in all walks of life, but almost every minute silence I've seen at a football match has been spoilt by some d*ckhead who thinks it's funny to make a joke, sing or chat through it. Hence so many now having to pander to the lowest common denominator and have a minute applause which is incredibly crass in my opinion, but a debate for another day.

Every rugby match I've ever been to where there has been a minutes silence has been observed perfectly. Make of that what you will.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
So no different to the City Centre at 7pm after a City home game then?
As for abusing the catering staff, unacceptable I fully agree, there ought to be proper security around chucking people out in that case (Like I have seen at City in the past).

Are people really so retarded they don't notice a few thousand people have fallen silent? The tannoy is sh*te at the rugby (in the east 'stand') but somehow 9000+ still managed to observe it despite many having drunk a pint or 3 by that time.

My initial point was that there are d*ckheads in all walks of life, but almost every minute silence I've seen at a football match has been spoilt by some d*ckhead who thinks it's funny to make a joke, sing or chat through it. Hence so many now having to pander to the lowest common denominator and have a minute applause which is incredibly crass in my opinion, but a debate for another day.

Every rugby match I've ever been to where there has been a minutes silence has been observed perfectly. Make of that what you will.
Massive load of bullsh*t. I think it would be best if you stayed at the rugby wouldn't be. I guess you fit in quite well there.

ECFC Music

Massive load of bullsh*t. I think it would be best if you stayed at the rugby wouldn't be. I guess you fit in quite well there.
I thought it was pretty well observed and didn't hear the nonsense where i was seated.Only realised it was a nation wide silence on watching Match Of The Day.

Willy Nilly

Indeed. It was well observed considering the sh*t communication. I only realised there was a silence when I looked at the pitch and saw the players bowing their heads.

SORT IT OUT TISDALE!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
It seems there was a lot of confusion as most people had assumed with Remembrance Day being on Friday, that these silences would be on the Saturday closest to it i.e. next week, when in fact they take place the last Saturday BEFORE.

Maybe someone at the club didn't receive the e-mail or summat.

Nice to see Pete as usual making snide remarks (this one about Joe Hellier who himself had no idea the silence was about to happen as per the above - Joe did an excellent job on the mic IMO).

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Since when has first hand observation been a massive load of bullsh*t?

Having read the amount of crap you write on here, I think maybe it would be best if I ignore your advice and go wherever I like, but thanks anyway poppet.

Last edited:

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
It seems there was a lot of confusion as most people had assumed with Remembrance Day being on Friday, that these silences would be on the Saturday closest to it i.e. next week, when in fact they take place the last Saturday BEFORE.
This is exactly right, I assumed it was common knowledge but maybe not. My problem isn't with those who didn't realise it had started i.e. reading the programme, having a chat, and then realising, its with the ones who saw it going on and couldn't keep quiet, or wouldn't keep quiet just because they didn't know what it was for. Is that really relevant? Like I said in my first post on this thread, it won't be for something irrelevant, it's clearly either someone passing away, or for armistice respects