• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paying for exeweb!

Lobster Claw

A few people have been asking about how we can generate more money for the club, and being a trust run club, i believe it is our responsibity to do just this!

This is just a suggestion for debate but if there was an annual subsription to use the exeweb fascility of say £12 per annum, i believe it would generate a good pot to use as people see the need.

1000 members = £12000
1500 members = £18000
2000 members = £24000

3796 (current members) = £47712

This equates to £2 Per month!!!

Food for thought and debate!! How much do we enjoy Exeweb!!!

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
If this was the case, I think you would see membership of Exeweb drop considerably.

At least we would know who the hard core were. ;)

greenawayr

who pays for the upgrade to exeweb and managing the transactions???

Problem I see is that you are taxing the same old people, most people on here go to matches or are trust members.

It's new revenue streams the club needs.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Umm. Is a good idea in principle but i wouldnt want to pay to talk on here if im being honest

Lobster Claw

If this was the case, I think you would see membership of Exeweb drop considerably.

At least we would know who the hard core were. ;)
It would drop but like you say people who genuinely care about club and who enjoy Exeweb would pay IMO!

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
As I often say, if 1,000 other people remortgaged and gave City 10k then I'd do the same. £10,000,000 would help us adjust to League One, eh?

As such, I'm not going to knock your idea from a personal point of view, but I fear - as others have found before - that 'monetarizing' even well used Interwebby stuff doesn't often work out as one might hope.

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
It would drop but like you say people who genuinely care about club and who enjoy Exeweb would pay IMO!
I doubt it, somebody else would just start up another site, that remained free, as it should be.

Not to mention, Exeweb is completely independent from the Club, isn't it ?

greenawayr

we would be looking at bootlegexeweb.com for those who don't want to pay!!!

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
Les from Grimsby would probably duck out and that would be a shame.

BarBar

say £12 per annum

This equates to £2 Per month!!!
Do you work for Ocean Finance?