• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Our Forward Line

supernova

Is Logan still in Exeter? Free agent….

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
No. Also he's been at the pies😄

Last edited:

iscalad

Went on the Cliff Hill tour this morning. Well
worth it.
AnywayI whilst I was there I was told on very good authority that we identified 25 strikers over the summer. For a variety of reasons, wages, location etc, only one decided to sign. We were gazumped at the last minute for him.

Langer

I liked Logan but always thought he was not the best at winning headers for a big guy but compared to this lot…..

Pete Martin (CTID)

worth it.
AnywayI whilst I was there I was told on very good authority that we identified 25 strikers over the summer. For a variety of reasons, wages, location etc, only one decided to sign. We were gazumped at the last minute for him.
I wonder if there was any negotiation, or if it was "take it or leave it".

tea stand

In the 20+ years of supporting city, I don’t think I can think of a more depressing set of forward options than we currently have.

Muskwe
Scott
Aitchson
Yannic

I was hoping I’d missed someone….

Even if you include Mitchell in that line up (he was signed as a wingback) there is very little, if any, goal threat and his season is now over.

Even in the days of dragging around the bottom of league 2 under Tisdale, we always had the odd forward player capable of getting a goal that we could at least get behind.

Tom Nicholls, Alan Gow, Alex Nichols are all from that era for example. None prolific but could come up with a goal.

Gow was of course a very good player.

Unless Trevitt connects well with a shot on the edge of the box, I can’t see where our next goal is coming from.

Are these the worst set of forward options we have ever had?

Grecian Max

It’s a complete embarrassment of a line up

We will look back at this and laugh

And remember lads “don’t panic”

tea stand

yes

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
worth it.
It'd be the same at a lot of clubs.

cambmike

In the 20+ years of supporting city, I don’t think I can think of a more depressing set of forward options than we currently have.

Muskwe
Scott
Aitchson
Yannic

I was hoping I’d missed someone….

Even if you include Mitchell in that line up (he was signed as a wingback) there is very little, if any, goal threat and his season is now over.

Even in the days of dragging around the bottom of league 2 under Tisdale, we always had the odd forward player capable of getting a goal that we could at least get behind.

Tom Nicholls, Alan Gow, Alex Nichols are all from that era for example. None prolific but could come up with a goal.

Gow was of course a very good player.

Unless Trevitt connects well with a shot on the edge of the box, I can’t see where our next goal is coming from.

Are these the worst set of forward options we have ever had?
I like Tom Nichols and he had a similar goal scoring ratio to Sam Nombe. Like many others he had his best goal scoring ratio when with us. Is there something about the current approach that is not achieving this for the current forwards?