• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

"Osbornomics"

Brinty IFA

If you're running a budget deficit inherited from the last lot, debt goes up.

Hardly even "Economics 101" innit.
I'm no tory - but this is the factual answer.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
does this include those on zero hour contracts? does it include those who have been sanctioned, and therefore no longer in receipt of benefits they are entitled too? just figures too suit the tory rhetoric no doubt.
Exactly, there are too many companies that employ people on zero hour contracts. That's not being in work and glad I've not had to be in that position. No one should have to worry about whether they will be given enough hours to live, week to week.

Stats under the cons are completely misleading.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exactly, there are too many companies that employ people on zero hour contracts. That's not being in work and glad I've not had to be in that position. No one should have to worry about whether they will be given enough hours to live, week to week.

Stats under the cons are completely misleading.
Some people actually prefer zero hour contracts, funnily enough.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster

angelic upstart

Some people actually prefer zero hour contracts, funnily enough.
Do you know anyone that prefers it? Y'know in real life....

iscalad

Do you know anyone that prefers it? Y'know in real life....
Well duh, I wouldn't have said it else!

angelic upstart

Well duh, I wouldn't have said it else!
Could you do me a favour and ask why them what it is they like about not having a clue what hours they will work from week to week? Or why they appreciate not receiving holiday pay or other basic workers rights?

Or is it someone's 15 year old son works at Newton abbot races on an ad hoc basis and they like it ?

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster

iscalad

Could you do me a favour and ask why them what it is they like about not having a clue what hours they will work from week to week? Or why they appreciate not receiving holiday pay or other basic workers rights?

Or is it someone's 15 year old son works at Newton abbot races on an ad hoc basis and they like it ?
Oh please.....some people are unable to commit to a 35/40 hour week.

Zero hours workers are entitled to annual leave, the National Minimum Wage and pay for work-related travel in the same way as regular workers.

Last edited:

IBA

If you're running a budget deficit inherited from the last lot, debt goes up.

Hardly even "Economics 101" innit.
If Labour spending was so outrageous in 2008 why did Osbourne promise to match Labour spending plans when the Tories got into government?

In addition in order to bail out the banks this cost the uk government £956 billion. The Conservative party supported these measures.

The Labour government adopted economic policy of deregulation of the banking and financial sector which was a significant contributory factor in the financial catastrophe that ensued. This policy was again supported by the Conservative party.