• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

O's fan in peace here

Wellyred

I can't decide between the Horse and Dray or the Locomotive for Exeter's least friendly pub. Both are utter dumps.
Not from exeter me self, but have been in the horse and dray quite a few times after games always had a warm welcome....not left through the window yet!!

heathy1

Very well known Exeweb poster
The few times ive been in the Dray its been nothing short of extremely welcoming, a sad day when another pub bites the dust

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
The few times ive been in the Dray its been nothing short of extremely welcoming, a sad day when another pub bites the dust
I couldn't agree more.

The days when The Horse & Dray had footie related problems are, by and large, long gone & it has been run by a pleasant elderly couple (soon to retire) for yonks.

As for criticism of The Locomotive. Sure, its a basic throwback to how many pubs in Exeter were when I started drinking, but Joan, who runs it is an extremely pleasant women & the vast majority of customers, although they may be heavy drinkers, are no problem at all.

Then again, some pub snobs probably want every pub to either be a Weatherspoons or Tudor Oak beamed tourist trap (sadly we knocked some of the best of the latter down. One, The Elephant, because it was on the footprint of The Guildhall Shopping precinct & held in low esteem due to its clientèle - would have been a tourist trap goldmine now :( ).

Mini rant over.

Rog H K

Crunch time for us this Saturday. We should be bringing over 1,000.
Only 370! What happend to the other 630+?

Joshyd123

Funny looking 1,000 Orient fans :cool:

Grecian2K

Signal failure at Pewsey??

Road works on the A303??

Discuss ;)

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
If that isnt the biggest Whhhhhhhhhooshhhhhhhhh in Exeweb history then I dont know what is!
WOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Why on earth would you think that I think the sly crew have a dinner dance? Self-clowning of the highest order, pure insanity on your part. The woosh applies to ******** and TVR as well.

Oldsmobile-88

All supporters exaggerate how many they are going to take to games..;)

Not a bad turnout compared to how many Colchester brought last week

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe the other 600 thought it was such a lovely day and decided to go to the seaside instead

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Whilst there weren't too many of them, I thought they made a good noise when they tried.