• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

One of the great nights to be a Grecian

contrabombarde

Spot on and just wish to add my hearty congratulations to all. What a night! Although watched from afar I enjoyed every minute of it and as previous posters have observed, what a carbon copy of the goal from 1981 scored by Peter Hatch and from the same end too.

Even a couple of my "Liverpool supporting" family have grudgingly conceded that we were better on the night, so no more pi## taking for a while.

Now for another night to remember when we travel oop north to finish off the job.

Scotty

Thanks Al. One the greatest posts

Willy Nilly

Bloody great night.

Andy Holloway

Well done Al, a post written from 'the head' with a generous dose of 'heart' thrown in for good measure.

It's my nomination for 'Post of the Season'.

And the coverage continues this morning on BBCTV where we're headlining all their Sport Reports, with pictures in the background of the players celebrating Tom's opening goal.

There should be a smiling ECFC Bank Manager this morning!

On the up

What a great description of the whole evening. So positive on all fronts about a team that " doesn't do cup runs". LOL

UP THE CITY.

Fareham Grecian

Fantastic OP, couldn't agree more.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Post of the year IMO Alan. What a night. [G]
Post of the year. Nine days in. I LOLled...

A Slacker

Mr Crockford
I always look forward to your posts (or in previous times your articles in the programme, Exe Directory or even the E & E). What you have written sums up the night perfectly for me. It has been an absolutely massive night for the club and everyone involved deserves huge congratulations.

I've just got back from a training session on the astro in Sidmouth - U16, U15 and U13 were all training at the same time. The talk was all about Exeter City, there were a number of ECFC shirts being worn proudly and youngsters were trying to score Exeter City/Lee Holmes corners.

Brilliant night. Probably a perfect result for the club and the coverage to the wider footballing world was outstanding.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I had to hold back the tears reading that!!

Red Bill

Well said Alan, sums it up beautifully. So proud to be a Grecian today!