• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Omelettes

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Any advice on a good Vegan omelette?
My advice would be, if you want an omelette, or even one of fred's tortillas, use eggs.

Good vegan food doesn't try to replicate non-vegan food - forget about 'cheatin' chicken' and the like, all of which is pretty awful. Vegan food is awesome if you fully embrace the vegan concept.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
its something I have been looking into but struggle with the thought of a life without bacon.. cheese.. kfc.. Burger King etc etc...

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Vegan food is fine from time to time. But, as a permanent thing, be aware it doesn't suit everybody. It depends very much on your personal physiology - I became incredibly ill on it.
A vegan omelette isn't an omelette. Naturlich.

LOG

Not worthy of a new thread but why does it say on a box of eggs to keep them in the fridge after purchase? Shops don't keep them in the fridge and an egg is only opened when it's cracked. The world's gone mad etc.

Alistair20000

Do fridges still have a special section for storing the eggage ?

IndoMike

Not worthy of a new thread but why does it say on a box of eggs to keep them in the fridge after purchase? Shops don't keep them in the fridge and an egg is only opened when it's cracked. The world's gone mad etc.
i keep eggs at room temperature + AC for up to a week or more and never have a problem. The yanks however always keep everything in the fridge and won't even leave a piece of meat out for more than 2 hours. Yet they can still elect a jerk like Trump as president.

IndoMike

This might come as a huge culture shock to you, but you could try opening the fridge door to see how the said eggage is stored. Or are you a kitchen avoider?

Grecian2K

A short plank drilled with suitably sized orifices is ideal for safe storage of eggs.

IndoMike

A short plank drilled with suitably sized orifices is ideal for safe storage of eggs.
Couldn't agree more....Luv planks, me.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Couldn't agree more....Luv planks, me.
You sure that your name is Mike and not Edwood Woodwood ?