• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Omelettes

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe some people prefer omelettes to be dark brown, crispy and drenched in oil, and some prefer them yellow, soft and flavoursome? Each to their own but we all know there was a specific taste test undertaken in a controlled environment, without any sampling bias. And we all know who won.

#justsayin

Last edited:

StroudGrecian

there was a specific taste test undertaken in a controlled environment, without any sampling bias.
Controlled? Lionel's batchelor pad in Clifton? :D

Alistair20000

Although it would only be a fair test if they were also given an omelette concocted the FBH way to compare. This might have been the omelette equivalent of Al's correct quiz answer after all.

#justsayin
I thought FBH's concoction was a tortilla. :S

This is getting more confusing than the Quiz

#nevergoingtolivethatbleddyanswerdown :$

fred binneys head

Fake news, spread by the loser of the competition. Read the thread.

StroudGrecian

It is a tortilla. Fred simply wants it to be an omelette to save face. A face that's covered in egg.

Fake news
And there we have it.

fred binneys head - the Donald Trump of Exeweb.

fred binneys head

FBH - Look at this beauty with textbook foldage. Ditched the tablespoon and used a spatula. The longest to cook and was concerned it might be a bit chewy, but it was pretty darn good. 8/10.
This is what was said.

fred binneys head

Stroudy - The smoking hot oil was a bit scary and i was leaning away as i poured in the mixture. Had to be quick swirling it around with the constant fear that the whole lot would go up in flames, but managed to do it before lowering the heat and covering. It was tasty and the texture was good, but as an overall package i think i preferred FBH's. 7/10.
And this is also what was said.

#nothingtoseehere #moveon

Brinty IFA

Ok, so in the last few weeks I've turned into a proper feckin hippy. Any advice on a good Vegan omelette?

LOG

Any advice on a good Vegan omelette?
I would suggest adding bacon.

Terryhall

Ok, so in the last few weeks I've turned into a proper feckin hippy. Any advice on a good Vegan omelette?
As they say, you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs. But for a vegan omelette I hear (from a vegan friend of mine who fills my facebook stream with posts about his vegan meals) that chickpeas can be a good alternative. I've not tried it but here's a recipe I found - http://www.forkandbeans.com/2015/01/15/vegan-chickpea-omelet/