• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Announcement Tuesday apparently. Villa still hot favourites although Tottenham now second favourites and the odds of them signing him have reduced drastically over the past couple of days
Newcastle beat Villa to the post by signing Wilson from Bournemouth. Perhaps that will force Villa's hand now?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Newcastle beat Villa to the post by signing Wilson from Bournemouth. Perhaps that will force Villa's hand now?
Still all quiet on the Villa website and the Birmingham Mail. I hope I will be proved wrong but as I have said previously I believe Brentford have pitched their asking price too high and think that is borne out when considering Callum Wilson with some PL experience has moved to Newcastle for £21M.

Having said that with the PL restarting soon. Any Club looking to bring players in must surely want to get their business done sooner rather than later to be able to start with a settled squad.

ralph

Still all quiet on the Villa website and the Birmingham Mail. I hope I will be proved wrong but as I have said previously I believe Brentford have pitched their asking price too high and think that is borne out when considering Callum Wilson with some PL experience has moved to Newcastle for £21M.

Having said that with the PL restarting soon. Any Club looking to bring players in must surely want to get their business done sooner rather than later to be able to start with a settled squad.
But Brentford don't have to sell. They will sell at the price they think Ollie is worth, not at what Villa think he's worth.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
But Brentford don't have to sell. They will sell at the price they think Ollie is worth, not at what Villa think he's worth.
All brinkmanship , one can afford to offer the extra couple of million , the other to take it off their demand.And we sit on the edge waiting for our peanuts. Be glad when this stalemate bore is over now.
Have a feeling Spurs and the rest are a red herring , it will be Villa or nothing , although I’d love to see someone trump them with a decent bid.

denzel

Callum Wilson is 28! If Ollie is worth less than that I despair

Andy Holloway

Callum Wilson is 28! If Ollie is worth less than that I despair.

28!!! Anything after that is the 'slippery slope' into non league and finally on to walking football at halftime at SJP, 28!!!

Pobbop

Don't really understand the sarcasm here, in the end, most Prem clubs, buy with the thought that they may make more money, or at least recoup their outlay later, 28 means the likelihood is they won't get much if they sell him on, because by then he'll be in his 30s.

Andy Holloway

Don't really understand the sarcasm here, in the end, most Prem clubs, buy with the thought that they may make more money, or at least recoup their outlay later, 28 means the likelihood is they won't get much if they sell him on, because by then he'll be in his 30s.
Fair enough, i'll stick to writing Christmas Cracker Jokes then, obviously my humour is wasted here!!!

Long Lost Bee

All of it! 😉
From what I’m hearing, you may well lose it :eek:

IndoMike

He is definitely off. He was withdrawn from our game v Derby. The only other players missing was Benrahma And Janvier who ate still in quarantine having returned from France. But we don’t expect to see Benrahma playing for us again And possibly not Janvier now we’ve signed Goode.
You seemed fairly certain in late August that Ollie would be transferred, now you seem uncertain. I'm starting to think that you are not the font of all knowledge on Brentford that you presume to be. In fact, you don't know any more than we do. "Bloke in pub"