• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
We are probably getting ahead of ourselves here. And even if true, this transfer will NOT be the same as the Ampadu situation.

No Tribunal will be involved.

I'm pretty sure the rules are that the values of both parts of the deal have to be reported accurately and the two added together to determine the "real" transfer fee and therefore the add-on. Also, the agent of the "under-valued" player has a big incentive to make sure this is done fairly, as his % of the fee will be affected.

Boyo

We are probably getting ahead of ourselves here. And even if true, this transfer will NOT be the same as the Ampadu situation.

No Tribunal will be involved.

I'm pretty sure the rules are that the values of both parts of the deal have to be reported accurately and the two added together to determine the "real" transfer fee and therefore the add-on. Also, the agent of the "under-valued" player has a big incentive to make sure this is done fairly, as his % of the fee will be affected.
Sorloth signed for Palace in Jan 2018 for £9m. It would be difficyult for Palace to argue that he would be worth significantly less than that now, even if it's not been the happiest 18 months or so.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorloth signed for Palace in Jan 2018 for £9m. It would be difficyult for Palace to argue that he would be worth significantly less than that now, even if it's not been the happiest 18 months or so.
He would be worth a fair bit less imho, I'd guess at 4 - 6 million.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ollie?Wonder What he’s worth to them I’d guess he’d be about 12 million but what does anyone know with the inflated state of the market .And with Zaha going for 60 m there’s a lot of money sloshing about.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
if he goes for 12m we'll still be in for our biggest ever windfall

manc grecian

None of these player plus cash deals ever happen.

jrg333

None of these player plus cash deals ever happen.
Apart from, off the top of my head:

Alexis Sanchez for Mkhytarian
Ashley Cole for William Gallas
Gylfi Sigurrdson for Ben Davies and Michel Vorm
Ibrahimovic for Etoo

While they may not be common, it's not true to say these deals don't ever happen.

Grecian2K

Plus, of course, (unless my aging memory if failing) didn't we once acquire the services of both John Templeman AND a certain Archibald Lamont Robertson (plus the obligatory "undisclosed fee") from Mr Clough and Brighton back in 1974 in exchange for Fred Binney?

No offence to Sir Fred but, in light of subsequent successes I would humbly suggest that we DEFINITELY got the better of that particular deal!

Ashford Grecian

Wake up Ashford, that news is a year old.
Sorry didn't read the date just the article that one of the several Bees fans in the office e-mailed earlier...

STURTZ

Plus, of course, (unless my aging memory if failing) didn't we once acquire the services of both John Templeman AND a certain Archibald Lamont Robertson (plus the obligatory "undisclosed fee") from Mr Clough and Brighton back in 1974 in exchange for Fred Binney?

No offence to Sir Fred but, in light of subsequent successes I would humbly suggest that we DEFINITELY got the better of that particular deal!
Very debatable, much as I admired the subtle and unsubtle skills of Lammie Lammie Lammie and of course the solid skills of Shirley Templeton, Fred went on to be a top scorer wherever he went as well as playing a mean guitar. The juries still out on that deal but I think we got money as well? £40k rings a bell,