• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wake up Ashford, that news is a year old.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Crystal Palace are hoping they can total a player-as well as-money deal for Brentford ahead Ollie Watkins by supplying Alexander Sorloth in exchange.
The striker has endured a nightmare spell at Selhurst Park, but Brentford’s proprietors are familiar with him from his spell with Danish club FC Midtjylland, which they also own.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Several outlets are reporting that Palace have offered Brentford Alexander Sorloth as part of the deal, thus reducing the fee involved. Galling if happens
Mail link:

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The same person on the football forum has just suggested to me that Brentford bought out the 20% sell on around a year ago.

I don’t think this is the case? Surely we wouldn’t do that considering the profit we’d be in line to make from the deal?

He’s also said the fee has been rumoured to be between £14M and £16M

exeter-loyal

How much do you reckon the cash will be?

Banksy

On the verge of being shafted again rather like Ampadu I wonder? Must admit I always dreaded some sort of player exchange by these shysters.

Banksy

How much do you reckon the cash will be?
Probably a hundred thousand with the part exchange player valued at ten million. Only joking , but you can bet your bottom dollar the player will be (over) valued as much as possible.Let’s hope it’s rejected.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
The same person on the football forum has just suggested to me that Brentford bought out the 20% sell on around a year ago.
I think this person on the football forum is talking absolute nonsense. The whole point of the decent sell on is to reward us handsomely at a later date. Buying us out of it would make no sense at all to ECFC. There was also
no news on this at the time.

IndoMike

I see Devon Live is on top of this story - NOT. But I forgot : they get their stories from Exeweb.

IndoMike

You would think that Tagg and the men in suits would have this kind.of scenario covered. Maybe best to trust the goodwill of Brentford, plus it is in their interest not to shaft us in case they might want to take another of our players in the future.