• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think we have very little clout when a team from a higher division comes knocking, Probably the best we can do is get a decent sell on clause with in the transfer negotiations
IIRC it was a bit more complicated in the case of Ollie. I think it was reported that there was a higher offer for him in the January window but we asked him to stay and help us try for promotion (lost at Wembley) and in return he was allowed to go to his preferred club in the summer for a slightly lower fee but a decent add-on.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
IIRC it was a bit more complicated in the case of Ollie. I think it was reported that there was a higher offer for him in the January window but we asked him to stay and help us try for promotion (lost at Wembley) and in return he was allowed to go to his preferred club in the summer for a slightly lower fee but a decent add-on.
Thanks John seem to remember that now, I was talking in general though when it comes to tranfers, Frustrating but that is how it is with us

denzil

Superb today Ollie - well done !

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Ollie can continue this form come January he is going to be on a number of PL Club’s radars as well as those Championship Clubs in with a chance of reaching the promised land.

Brentford are a bit like us (although with us it has been home grown players) in that they have for a number of years survived by picking up lower league players and selling them on for decent amounts of money.

Would have thought his current market value would be between £20M and £25M.

Ian Tarr

Having just signed a four year contract, it will take a lot of money to prise him away. That has to be great news for us.

Banksy

still say we more or less gave him away.
Agree entirely especially with hindsight. But that seems to be the system even though it stinks for clubs like ours.Hopefully we’ll get that four million though if he stays fit and keeps scoring. Anyway , I’m glad for Ollie and enjoy following his progress , far more than following Ampadu’s bench sitting.

Reactions: DB9

1burnm

I would say he was nailed on for a club like Palace Watford Norwich etc. within the year.

DB9

Having just signed a four year contract, it will take a lot of money to prise him away. That has to be great news for us.
Great way of getting more for the player, Tell him to sign a four year deal but if a club comes in from a higher division and for silly money we won't step in your way. Brentford aren't a big club, Yes they have money behind them but there are a lot bigger clubs with deeper pockets who will seriously look at Ollie if he keeps this form up, He looks very natural playing up front in the centre

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We're going to make some serious dollars out of Ollie.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would say he was nailed on for a club like Palace Watford Norwich etc. within the year.
I think he might end up even higher. Maybe Leicester, Everton, West Ham kind of territory