• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Official SIEGE Army ultras thread

MagzECFC

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1635766966696355/

I'm in no way designating myself as a new leader for the Siege, but here is a group on Facebook which I've just created.
Cheers mate. However I think we are all in agreement that it needs a new name. Maybe just change the name to ECFC Ultras for now until we come up with something inclusive of everyone and Exeter related? Max do you agree?

Last edited:

JamieEcfc

Ye for them.
Would benefit us and them I should think.

JamieEcfc

Do you mean in regards to atmosphere? Or the Seige dieing off? Away fans at SJP are poor usually anyway. Just need to focus on us and make as much noise as possible. I can hear when the OG start chanting so the players can defo here us.
In regards to the atmosphere, The louder the better and having some sort of protection at the sides of the big bank would only help project the sound louder I should think, And for the same reason the away end having a roof also.. Yeovil away a few seasons ago I remember the difference in atmosphere in an open terrace

I use to take friends to the football back in our League Two promotion season and it was always the atmosphere that brought them back (helped by winning ofcourse)

alt_mindset

ive actually been to a clapton game - laughable
Haha, I'm in disagreement there, I went down in October and the only games I've been to that would top it would be the 4-4 draw with Sheff. United and the 2-1 win over Argiggle in 2010. For 700 fans the atmosphere was brilliant.

alt_mindset

Cheers mate. However I think we are all in agreement that it needs a new name. Maybe just change the name to ECFC Ultras for now until we come up with something inclusive of everyone and Exeter related? Max do you agree?
Fair shout, will change.

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
Always enjoyed the atmosphere you guys made during the game, would be good if you could reform (y) UTC.

RyanPugh

Hello Exeweb, former lurker turned poster

The problem, I gathered, with the siege army was the lack of middle aged folk turning up. The ultras were literally full of kids, not something to necessarily be ashamed by or embarrassed by, but if you look at the Homesdale Fanatics (CPFC), for example, you will see a range of people turning up.
The old drummer I believe stopped turning up because of other commitments, and he was the principle organiser.

Ultras a popping up everywhere, you can look as low a level 9 of the football pyramid (one below Tiverton, same as Willand Rovers) and you have active ultras improving the atmosphere, Scaffold Brigada (Clapton) to name just one group of non-league ultras. Clapton managed to get 761 people to a game in October purely because of the atmosphere created. 761 for a level 9 game is phenomenal, don't you think?

For those like me who attended the Accrington game a while ago, you would've noticed the Stanley Ultras. A team like Accrington managed to get an atmosphere you could equate with us, with a third of the attendance

The ethics of the club go hand in hand with the ultras scene, we're fan-owned, we have a terrace etc. etc.

The ultras scene is growing, and I can't stress enough how important it is we become apart of it, again.
I completely agree, I did notice how we play better with better atmosphere. Take York at home for example - probably the worst atmosphere this year and a bad performance to go with it, yet against Yeovil, there was a good atmosphere, and we played well, as well as winning.

Especially with our club in a good financial position, and we seem to be in a good position to mount a promotion challenge (automatic if we stay consistent) I'd say that an ultra scene every match is needed to bring confidence to the fans and the players. I'll happily join in with all the songs/chants etc.

Hope either Siege Army will return in the coming matches or a new group will form with committed members, perhaps then more of the BB will get involved, as to be honest only the area in and around the red heart actually sing.

Silver fox

What's the latest on a reform chaps?

RyanPugh

What's the latest on a reform chaps?
Yeah, after the recent commotion, an update would be nice

angelic upstart

Can we name the new ultras group "Brigade Rosse" it was a t shirt wore by Joe Strummer and I've always liked the name.

If we were Hibernian I would be asking for Hibsbollah....