• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Official SIEGE Army ultras thread

MagzECFC

Best city days ever were when the siege created an atmosphere. Imo will never be done again because no one is as clued up and dedicated as Max was.

Would be nice to see something similar to what we used to do 3/4 seasons ago.

no one eh?

JamieEcfc

Think half the problem is our ground itself for a few reasons, I think if away fans were closer to us it would be better, its also too open for sound to travel and I also think the lack of roof on the away end contributes aswell.

If you take a look at Prenton Park, Tranmere Rovers' ground you'll see on the side of the stands has some sort of protection which can be used to help keep sound in.

i8cornwall

Love to see some sort of Group formed again, id be more then willing to get involved etc

MagzECFC

Think half the problem is our ground itself for a few reasons, I think if away fans were closer to us it would be better, its also too open for sound to travel and I also think the lack of roof on the away end contributes aswell.

If you take a look at Prenton Park, Tranmere Rovers' ground you'll see on the side of the stands has some sort of protection which can be used to help keep sound in.
Do you mean in regards to atmosphere? Or the Seige dieing off? Away fans at SJP are poor usually anyway. Just need to focus on us and make as much noise as possible. I can hear when the OG start chanting so the players can defo here us.

Last edited:

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
by putting a roof over the away fans it would improve the atmosphere

MagzECFC

by putting a roof over the away fans it would improve the atmosphere
Ye for them.

Last edited:

alt_mindset

Hello Exeweb, former lurker turned poster

The problem, I gathered, with the siege army was the lack of middle aged folk turning up. The ultras were literally full of kids, not something to necessarily be ashamed by or embarrassed by, but if you look at the Homesdale Fanatics (CPFC), for example, you will see a range of people turning up.
The old drummer I believe stopped turning up because of other commitments, and he was the principle organiser.

Ultras a popping up everywhere, you can look as low a level 9 of the football pyramid (one below Tiverton, same as Willand Rovers) and you have active ultras improving the atmosphere, Scaffold Brigada (Clapton) to name just one group of non-league ultras. Clapton managed to get 761 people to a game in October purely because of the atmosphere created. 761 for a level 9 game is phenomenal, don't you think?

For those like me who attended the Accrington game a while ago, you would've noticed the Stanley Ultras. A team like Accrington managed to get an atmosphere you could equate with us, with a third of the attendance

The ethics of the club go hand in hand with the ultras scene, we're fan-owned, we have a terrace etc. etc.

The ultras scene is growing, and I can't stress enough how important it is we become apart of it, again.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
The above is all true. And whilst I was never be drummer, yeah it did fall apart somewhat without me leading it. Been hoping some others would take up the mantle and get something going again, looks like that might well happen. Will be involved where I can be.

alt_mindset

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1635766966696355/

I'm in no way designating myself as a new leader for the Siege, but here is a group on Facebook which I've just created.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
ive actually been to a clapton game - laughable