• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Official ECFC v Crewe Alexandra Matchday Fred.....

dontpassback

I thought that Simpson did well,and was unlucky not to score.his lay off for wheeler to was unselfish and a sign of Greta team play,long may it continue.if everyone,the team and the fans stays together then there is no limit to what we can achieve.as stated by mr moxey,they are playing like the teams of five years ago and they were special times at city,so credit to Paul tisdale and the staff,and credit to the fans for making the park like a fortress again.(clap)

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think Reid was ill and not injured prior to the game so may be OK for next week. Ollies injury looked like ankle or achilles. He tried to carry on for a few minutes then signalled to the bench to be subbed. It doesn't look good for Ollie to play next week to be honest, but I guess we'll hear more soon.
I'm not sure what he's done but I can you how he's done it. By trying to be cocky with a flick that he got completely wrong instead instead of playing a simple pass properly. Given that, I would be surprised if it's his achillies.

Steve H

When was the last time you looked at the table and saw +19 in the GD column????

Second best in the league !

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Ex-eater

Another great result, nice to have itConfirmed that we have a great depth of squad, for all the negative that Simmson gets from me included I thought he was great today as was McAlinden.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's not often that we can say that goal difference will be worth an extra point at the end of the season.

Last edited:

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Fantastic stuff. We started quite strongly, and although kiwomya troubled us early with his pace we deserved to take an early lead. Watkins then burst forward from poor defending and I was very surprised he didn't make it two. Shortly after he took the knock from a challenge and guess this was affecting him as he looked off the pace afterwards. Not good to see him come off but would hope a light week will enable him to play next week. Crewe pushed us back as the half wore on and I was glad to reach the break still ahead. I thought when they had the ball they played well and were unlucky not to score but defensively they weren't great.

Was concerned at half time and Crewe started the second brightly. Worried we would sit on the lead but after a couple of minutes we started to show more threat going forwards. Simpson and mcalinden appeared to have swapped places which helped greatly. Pym made his great double stop with the second part making the first bit look routine, mcalinden also cleared one and we then caught them twice quite close together. The third goal set up by Simpson was a great strike by wheeler. Thought for a minute that Woodman's fierce free kick was going to spin into the net as the keeper struggled to hold it, and pleased for Lloyd James to get his goal. Good strike and he has been playing much better recently. Again we could have scored even more but another four is highly impressive. Despite a late consolation ruled out Rog h k might have to change his bet to four nil. He is being far too pessimistic ;)

A bad foul for the straight red, glad to see Taylor up quickly.

I hope Tisdale didn't mean his comment to mr and Mrs supporter about everyone back for corners to sound as condescending as it came across to me. It's still not my favourite tactic as not everyone does it and one left up even if it's not a natural forward will mean less opposition players going forwards, but as long as it doesn't cost us points it can be justified. I thought Tisdale was very vocal from his technical area, good motivation and we looked better following whatever he said at the break so well done. Onto next week. I pray we can play to our best once more.

IndoMike

Fantastic stuff. We started quite strongly, and although kiwomya troubled us early with his pace we deserved to take an early lead. Watkins then burst forward from poor defending and I was very surprised he didn't make it two. Shortly after he took the knock from a challenge and guess this was affecting him as he looked off the pace afterwards. Not good to see him come off but would hope a light week will enable him to play next week. Crewe pushed us back as the half wore on and I was glad to reach the break still ahead. I thought when they had the ball they played well and were unlucky not to score but defensively they weren't great.

Was concerned at half time and Crewe started the second brightly. Worried we would sit on the lead but after a couple of minutes we started to show more threat going forwards. Simpson and mcalinden appeared to have swapped places which helped greatly. Pym made his great double stop with the second part making the first bit look routine, mcalinden also cleared one and we then caught them twice quite close together. The third goal set up by Simpson was a great strike by wheeler. Thought for a minute that Woodman's fierce free kick was going to spin into the net as the keeper struggled to hold it, and pleased for Lloyd James to get his goal. Good strike and he has been playing much better recently. Again we could have scored even more but another four is highly impressive. Despite a late consolation ruled out Rog h k might have to change his bet to four nil. He is being far too pessimistic ;)

A bad foul for the straight red, glad to see Taylor up quickly.

I hope Tisdale didn't mean his comment to mr and Mrs supporter about everyone back for corners to sound as condescending as it came across to me. It's still not my favourite tactic as not everyone does it and one left up even if it's not a natural forward will mean less opposition players going forwards, but as long as it doesn't cost us points it can be justified. I thought Tisdale was very vocal from his technical area, good motivation and we looked better following whatever he said at the break so well done. Onto next week. I pray we can play to our best once more.
The best match summary of the day: many nails hit on head. I too agree that we should keep one up. Don't think Tisdale's argument stands up. But considering this amazing run of results I guess we shouldn't quibble.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Just a quick shout out for Crewe today. I thought they played a decent, honest game and, apart from the red card near the end, I think their total of fouls was pretty low. Much cleaner than a number of teams we've played.

fred binneys head

Their commentators said they were top of the fair play league, Pete.