• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wonder if the Locomotive will survive without her ? The last of the formidable trio of Exeter Pub Landlady's who ran the Loco, Honiton Inn and Welcome Inn. RIP.

Oldsmobile-88

I wonder if the Locomotive will survive without her ? The last of the formidable trio of Exeter Pub Landlady's who ran the Loco, Honiton Inn and Welcome Inn. RIP.
I don’t think it will.

Joan also ran the substantial B&B attached to the pub which catered for people on the edge of society as well as travellers & people working in the city.
I would imagine someone would just take that on.

Mr Jinx

Bob Dole. One time Republican nominee for a presidential run. 98.

Got drubbed by Bill Clinton iirc.

Oldsmobile-88

I wonder if the Locomotive will survive without her ?
One of her daughters,Jacky is temporary running the pub at the moment.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Former Aldershot, Plymouth, Shrewsbury & Woking player Marvin Morgan has died at the age of 38. :(

I've no further information as to why he wasn't taken so early.

• Sad
Reactions: DB9

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Former Aldershot, Plymouth, Shrewsbury & Woking player Marvin Morgan has died at the age of 38. :(

I've no further information as to why he wasn't taken so early.
Terrible, just saw a clip of him promoting a charity football match just last Sunday.

cannockred

John Miles, rock legend for a song with just 8 lines and written in half an hour, died today at just 72. RIP

Oldsmobile-88

John Miles, rock legend for a song with just 8 lines and written in half an hour, died today at just 72. RIP
Although that was a classic for the time.High Fly & Manhattan Skyline(B Side on Slow Down) are my favourites.
A great song writer with Bob Marshall in those days.

Grecian2K

Good call there Olds.
High Fly in particular pressaged "Extinction Rebellion" by almost half a century.
Brilliant songsmith and musician.

Swanaldo

Incidentally the equally formidable Di of the Crediton Inn has also sold up and moved on. Think she'd been in residence for 30 years. Not everyone's cup of tea is Di... A no nonsense approach to running a boozer! 🙂