• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Now Who Thinks It's Meaningless

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yep. Me and Fullsy were talking to Danis Salmon before the game, (top man) and Gordon came in looking really down. Rupert Metcalf asked him what was wrong and he said that Radio D felt he was not impartial enough to commentate. :D
Going off the general thread topic slightly, I did wonder why we wern't provided with Gordon Sparkes, and I'm not surprised by that decision. I thought Shaun McCarthy made an excellent impartial stand in, and that Alan Richardsons commentary was excellent.

LammieLammieLammie

Going off the general thread topic slightly, I did wonder why we wern't provided with Gordon Sparkes, and I'm not surprised by that decision. I thought Shaun McCarthy made an excellent impartial stand in, and that Alan Richardsons commentary was excellent.
Nice one Pete,

heard a whisper that Shaun McD was a late stand in after Bucks pulled out late.

Love this quote frim Reid. "The FA Cup tie (against Swindon) was just as important to me, and the game at Tranmere Rovers on Saturday will be as well, perhaps even more so because you get three points."

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
I'll never understand any Exeter fan who does not share at least a tense rivalry with that lot, rivalry and competition is what brings football into itself.

Personally, I hate the f*ckers, the club, the place, the badge, the colour green, lock stock the f*cking lot

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hate the place and the people there probably more than the actual football club.

Poultice

I don't understand the OP.

Cravat 2

I feel sorry for Argyle fans at the moment.

I don't want the club to sack Reid as it's not his fault; we wouldn't get anyone better either as we're not exactly a prospect for any available manager. He's tried to change the way we play by using wingers, by bringing in loan players who obviously want to play football and by barking at the side from the dug out but the fact is, our players either don't care or have such a lack of confidence that they're used to losing. We're shaky when we take a lead, look beaten if we concede and lack any kind of fight. I've seen us play one good game this season (Wednesday at home in a 3-2 win). It's depressing because our fans are paying £20ish to watch a team who look like they can't be bothered and then bemoan the fact that most people in Plymouth buy a Man Utd/Chelsea shirt from JJB Sports and watch their teams on Sky every week rather than support their local club.

I've watched my team since I was 6 years old and wouldn't ever support a Premier League team and I've seen worse (we were close to becoming a conference team at one point) but this is the worst team I've seen play in green in terms of effort.

ecfc2000

I feel sorry for Argyle fans at the moment.
I don't, long may it continue.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I'll never understand any Exeter fan who does not share at least a tense rivalry with that lot, rivalry and competition is what brings football into itself.

Personally, I hate the f*ckers, the club, the place, the badge, the colour green, lock stock the f*cking lot
Nailed on

There our arch enemy.

beating them was sweeter than any other victory IMO.

stateless

i moved down to Exeter in 94..so i'm never going to be a local and i can't claim to have lived the rivalry in my 16 years of following City - the 11th December will be my second derby game. But i know all about rivalry, having been an Arsenal season ticket holder between 83-89 and having attended games at White Hart Lane and having to get from the ground to Seven Sisters late at night after a cup match. I declared my hatred of Spurs often and whenever i could. Maybe i've grown up, or maybe it's because i don't have it in me to abuse and criticise a chap like Steve Perryman, who had been subjected to my personal ire on several occasions in the 80's. Steve Perryman has been a salvation at this club, we all know it, and in the worst of times, he stayed with us. My old gooner mates who i remain in touch with just couldn't, and can't, see how i can stand by him or talk well of him, coz he's Spurs. If you're going to define yourself, and what you think of someone, by who your rivals are, then you can never afford to change or the whole thing falls down as a complete nonsense.

Rivalry is fine.. but hating another club and its players or staff just because they are the other club, that's surely for those of us in need of enhanced thinking skills courses. Problem is hating is a passion. Not hating, just being nice and tolerant, makes for a dull crowd. The reason why things went OTT against Argyle was that the atmosphere was so 'great' as everybody had a personal stake in what was happening. Most were able to restrain themselves and knew where to draw the line. Some didn't.