• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nine players short?

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think 3 or 4 players will be signed after extensive trials when training commences, the situation will then be reviewed after determining the progress we have made in the first ten games. Part of the budget would probably be retained for the January transfer window - as always.

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
the situation will then be reviewed after determining the progress we have made in the first ten games.
While I do agree with the gist of your post, i.e we will make 3 or 4 additions this summer and then add in January if needed once the players have been given a chance, isn't ten games going to be outside the Transfer window? Or do you mean identify January targets after ten games?

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
While I do agree with the gist of your post, i.e we will make 3 or 4 additions this summer and then add in January if needed once the players have been given a chance, isn't ten games going to be outside the Transfer window? Or do you mean identify January targets after ten games?
Games come thick and fast at the start of the season, so I wouldn't think it would be outside the transfer window. However I'm not sure of the window dates.

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
For the 23 man squad below, we need six new players, although I've not included any of the young'uns for the rather embarrassing reason that I wouldn't recognise any of them!

Will be interesting to see if we go with a young third keeper again.

=======================

Jones
Marriott
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Tully
**Right/Centre Back**

Taylor
Seaborne
** Centre Back **

**Left Back**
**Left/Centre Back**

Edwards
Cozic
Russell
Panther
Harley
Sercombe
Saunders
Stewart
**Left Winger**

Logan
McAllister
Stansfield
Watson
**Striker**

Ian Tarr

The right/centre back can be Scott Bennett, and we have two left wingers, Chris Shephard and Elliot Frear.

A squad of 20 at the moment, if I've calculated correctly.

I would anticipate around three new arrivals, maybe including the odd season long loan, with plenty of the budget kept back for the January window and other eventualities throughout the season.

Last edited:

hatch4england

We need three or four quality players. It is a big step up for some of what we have and a few are a bit long in the tooth to get a full season from and we do look short of quality and pace generally.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Almost agree with Alans replacements but would also add a right winger with pace,this depends on what plans Tis has & I think he will be looking for a replacement for Jordan.

Anything else can wait until January,when he can judge progress of the players & any long term injuries & sales.

angelic upstart

I believe we ned 4 players. Contrary to many on here's beliefs, I am not worried by the percieved lack of pace in the squad. We haven't had that since Tis took over and we haven't missed it either. It's just something people think you need for success. It's worth noting that Manchester United don't play in a style where pace is required. Not that they have no pace, but you get me drift.

grecIAN Harris

Well the answer to the left wing problem might already be here. I know he may be a little short but surely not enough to hide right under your noses.................... Chris Shepherd.
And as for Jason H and his mad idea that Edwards could cover left back..................................... oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
hopefully scot bennett will get his debut this season.always impressed when playing for the ressies.be interesting to see if he can make the step up

Last edited: