• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nicky Ajose

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I hope MT can turn this round, - like he turned round the Aaron Martin situation so that, after not being picked for ages AM nearly became POTS last season.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hope MT can turn this round, - like he turned round the Aaron Martin situation so that, after not being picked for ages AM nearly became POTS last season.
I would love that to happen but it's down to individual attitude. Staying humble and understanding the value of hard graft is critical to success in league football. Look at Watkins for example. I suspect Ajose doesnt have the same attitude.

IndoMike

I would love that to happen but it's down to individual attitude. Staying humble and understanding the value of hard graft is critical to success in league football. Look at Watkins for example. I suspect Ajose doesnt have the same attitude.
IINM Ajose's been at around 11 clubs either as contract player or on loan. That makes me think he can't quite settle down. That combined with his injury problems - not played many games last 2 seasons - is a concern.

He has shown he can do the business when he is fit and at the right club for him. If he's not a starter in the first few games of the season then it means either he can't overcome his injury problems or he doesn't fit into Matt's plans any more.

Just have to hope he'll be right this coming season otherwise scoring might be a problem, although there are a couple of others who can bag a few - mainly Law

Red Devon

We always trot out the same excuse that players are "not fit" when in reality they are just crap but because they cost us money we dont want to admit we are chucking good money after bad.
That wasn’t the case with Ajose he came in as a very late unfit summer signing, he then picked up an injury during the Cheltenham LCT game which he scored in, he then had an operation to clear up his injury that kept him out for nearly five months before coming back and scoring at Port Vale, shortly after that Covid put an end to the season.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
That wasn’t the case with Ajose he came in as a very late unfit summer signing, he then picked up an injury during the Cheltenham LCT game which he scored in, he then had an operation to clear up his injury that kept him out for nearly five months before coming back and scoring at Port Vale, shortly after that Covid put an end to the season.
May be correct but his attitude when he did warm up never appeared right, seemed to have his own routine away from the others, his stats are okay and last season a return of 5 in 16 appearances isn't too bad particularly as he wold have not played the full match in a lot of cases. I just hope he gets his head sorted so he is up for the challenge

Intheknow84

Will the press just ask Matt T straight up what’s the issue!

May be correct but his attitude when he did warm up never appeared right, seemed to have his own routine away from the others, his stats are okay and last season a return of 5 in 16 appearances isn't too bad particularly as he wold have not played the full match in a lot of cases. I just hope he gets his head sorted so he is up for the challenge

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Will the press just ask Matt T straight up what’s the issue!
Probably not, and neither would MT admit to there being an issue despite his perceived openness, but we all see what we think we see.

andrew p long

Is giving the number 9 shirt to Ajose’s principal rival (for a striking slot alongside a target man) another message from MT?

Corey

Is giving the number 9 shirt to Ajose’s principal rival (for a striking slot alongside a target man) another message from MT?
I think it’s more: they want to give it to a home grown striker, and only Seymour fits those qualifications.

Dubai Grecian

We’ve never been able to carry players, we simply don’t have the budgets and especially now.

He’s living off a reputation of potential, and we like others took a gamble on him, hence the number of clubs he’s had, it hasn’t paid off.

Unless he’s on pay as you play deal he’s an investment we can’t afford