• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nicky Ajose

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ajose looked better with MJ playing behind the front two. MJ is actually better at threading those little straight balls through behind the defence than Law. Whether that will be the formation used this season though...
Indeed, the Stevenage LCT match was probably the most dynamic our front line looked and played all season.

Banksy

Indeed, the Stevenage LCT match was probably the most dynamic our front line looked and played all season.
Probably not surprising in view of the strength of the opposition.

dommers

In the end Matt is going to have to play him, try to get some goals out of him, then either keep him because he's doing well, or get rid on better terms. He can score goals at this level, Matt is going to have to suck it up, and get the best out of him, it's his job. Maybe this training with the reserves/kids is just to give him a kick up the backside, coz it doesn't help him seem more desirable to someone to sign, hopefully it'll work, Coz we can't really afford any other options.
I agree that Matt should play him although don't think he will.

Banksy

I agree that Matt should play him although don't think he will.
So who do you think he will go with?

dommers

So who do you think he will go with?
Bowman on his own.

Banksy

Bowman on his own.
I’m not going to start knocking Bowman for one minute , but that about sums it up.I repeat WHO are we going to play up top. I for one can’t see a decent combination at this time.

dommers

I’m not going to start knocking Bowman for one minute , but that about sums it up.I repeat WHO are we going to play up top. I for one can’t see a decent combination at this time.
I can't disagree with any of that. I think we'll end up playing 4-1-4-1 with only one up front. It's not my choice but I think will be Taylor's

Banksy

I can't disagree with any of that. I think we'll end up playing 4-1-4-1 with only one up front. It's not my choice but I think will be Taylor's
On that basis a long hard season ahead with possibly a mid table spot. We would have to rely heavily on our defence.

Average Joe

Playing an abysmal 13 games last season, I'm surprised MT has not given the fans a solid update with exactly what is going on and when he is expected to become match fit again. We have released some quality from our side this year whilst Ajose managed to retain a number. If he is not fit enough to be playing 30 games this year then we have clearly got problems with our retained list.

ryancooper327

Playing an abysmal 13 games last season, I'm surprised MT has not given the fans a solid update with exactly what is going on and when he is expected to become match fit again. We have released some quality from our side this year whilst Ajose managed to retain a number. If he is not fit enough to be playing 30 games this year then we have clearly got problems with our retained list.
You can’t release someone under contract, no?