• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nick Jordan

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
But the government's eggs aren't all in one basket. Apart from 'speed kills' there are also 'don't drink and drive campaigns', 'think bike', 'heed weather warnings', 'keep your distance' 'check your tyre pressure', 'use your seatbelt' 'pull over when tired' campaigns.
The highest profile campaign is 'speed kills' though, and, I'd guess, the biggest use of their road safety budget. Can't say as I've seen an awful lot of any of the 'think bike', 'pull over when tired', 'heed weather warnings' or 'check your tyre pressure' campaigns.

As for requiring a certain standard of both theory and practice needing to be obtained in order to gain a driving licence, it's a pretty low standard isn't it? I mean, no motorway or night driving and a practical test that isn't allowed to go over half an hour or so? Hardly makes you work hard before you can go suicidally barrelling down the road putting pensioners and children in fear of their lives as you recklessly tear along at 31mph in a built up area...

Red the Paper

Banned
Speeding, whilst drunk, stoned, without a seatbelt, with bold tyres, tired and in bad weather.....kills....FACT!

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
The highest profile campaign is 'speed kills' though, and, I'd guess, the biggest use of their road safety budget. Can't say as I've seen an awful lot of any of the 'think bike', 'pull over when tired', 'heed weather warnings' or 'check your tyre pressure' campaigns.

As for requiring a certain standard of both theory and practice needing to be obtained in order to gain a driving licence, it's a pretty low standard isn't it? I mean, no motorway or night driving and a practical test that isn't allowed to go over half an hour or so? Hardly makes you work hard before you can go suicidally barrelling down the road putting pensioners and children in fear of their lives as you recklessly tear along at 31mph in a built up area...
It is reckless if it's a 20 mph zone; and we're/I'm on about the eegiots that tear along at 40-50 in a built up (30 mph) area

Antony Moxey

It is reckless if it's a 20 mph zone;
But not if it's a 30mph zone. :cool:

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
I would say as previously stated by myself; ignorant. As previously stated 95% of speeders not only know what the limit is for the road they are on; but where those limits start & finish on that road; as they use the same roads every day so no excuse for their ignorance :cool:

Ian_Woodward

You get so many idiots on the roads, i had one drive right into me earlier on sandy gate roundabout as he was in the wrong lane, i had to swerve out into a busy lane! wish i went into the d*ck as he had a decent car. his mate who must have been 30 gave me the finger at the next lights! then i stalled haha.

elginCity

Of course inappropriate speeding can be dangerous and as you indicate it is a contributory factor in a percentage of accidents
Out of interest, just suppose Nick Jordan had been speeding inappropriately (in the eyes of the law) rather than DUI, are you still of the opinion he should be sacked by the club?

Oli

Speeding does not kill. Coming to an abrupt halt does.

On the drunk and speeding offence, in my eyes that is breaking the law twice. We all know the limits of booze and speed that we should be travelling.

pelsey

You can shove your stone island up your arse, this
Hope the club sack him after this. That'll teach the tw*t.

Antony Moxey

Out of interest, just suppose Nick Jordan had been speeding inappropriately (in the eyes of the law) rather than DUI, are you still of the opinion he should be sacked by the club?
Of course. His actions caused an accident that resulted in multiple injuries, he should, IMO, go.