• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nick Jordan

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agree completely SJ. If he's guilty he should go and the club cut all ties with him as soon as possible.

Well-known Exeweb poster
[
QUOTE=Antony Moxey;619054]IF he's found guilty I hope the club sack him. There's no place either in our club nor in professional sport for that sort of behaviour. What an utter idiot.
[/QUOTE]
Bit harsh mate, hes very young,would be a shame to ruin a guys career over half a cyder and if the guys got a problem than some help might be more appropriate.

manc grecian

Bit harsh mate, hes very young,would be a shame to ruin a guys career over half a cyder and if the guys got a problem than some help might be more appropriate.[/QUOTE]

He's old enough to drink and he's old enough to drive, his age is irrelevent. Being reckless and stupid is the same whether you are 18 or 50.

Last edited:
i know he shouldnt have done it but sacking him, thats a bit over the top, dock wages, no more, unless he does it again

Well-known Exeweb poster
whoops!! just read the article, silly boy, but i still think 'boy' being the operative word here, hes 18, and a very young 18. imo short sharp rap xcross the knuckles is appropriate.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
whoops!! just read the article, silly boy, but i still think 'boy' being the operative word here, hes 18, and a very young 18. imo short sharp rap xcross the knuckles is appropriate.
I'm with Manc, however. Age doesn't come into it. I learned to drive at 17, I also knew that under NO circumstances was I to get behind the wheel when drunk.

Antony Moxey

Bit harsh mate, hes very young,would be a shame to ruin a guys career over half a cyder and if the guys got a problem than some help might be more appropriate.
Not harsh at all. Twice the drink drive limit is hardly 'half a cyder', and had that been a relative of yours he crashed into and injured, as the story suggests, then you wouldn't be on here saying give him a slap on the wrist and don't do it again.

Yeovilgrecian

The article states that the club "have pledged to stand by" the keeper. Personally whilst that's laudable to me it sends out completly the wrong messages to people. It may just be a statement said prior to looking at legal ramifications with the PFA before the club makes its decision?
This is just what a responsible employer should say, they have to be seen giving support though when and if he is found guilty in court then a responsible employer that has community responsibilities should sack him, if he is found not guilty then he can continue with his employment! I can imagine what Steve Perryman would like to do with him at this present moment...ouch!

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
If hes got a drink problem then he shouldve disclosed this when he signed for us as most companys (and I know mine does) state if you have a drink problem, then disclose it when employed and the company/firm will do what they can to help you. If you disclose it after something like this has happened then there is no excuses and he wouldnt have a leg to stand on as he wouldve withheld information which is a breach of most employment laws and should be on his way. 1 pint over the limit or 10 pints over the limit...its still OVER the limit and the club should take a very firm stance on this if found guilty and my personal vew there should only be one outcome.....P45.

Last edited:

Nik Nak

Not harsh at all. Twice the drink drive limit is hardly 'half a cyder', and had that been a relative of yours he crashed into and injured, as the story suggests, then you wouldn't be on here saying give him a slap on the wrist and don't do it again.

With you 100% on this one Ant, IF guilty and I do mean IF then show him the door he should be setting an example but it strikes me he could'nt set a jelly.

nn