• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

NHS Reforms botch up or a victory for common sense?

IBA

According to so called experts the Goverment have 'bottled it' (that wasn't the technical term they used) leaving us with no effective or radical reforms.
Unfortunately the coalition have done nothing to address the long term issue of finance/funding the NHS with a rapidly aging population. Therefore so the argument goes the NHS will either implode at some point in the future and/or charges for patients will have to be introduced.

Last edited:

Ashecfc

According to so called experts the Goverment have 'bottled it' (that wasn't the technical term they used) leaving us with no effective or radical reforms.
Unfortunately the coalition have done nothing to address the long term issue of finance/funding the NHS with a rapidly aging population. Therefore so the argument goes the NHS will either implode at some point in the future and/or charges for patients will have to be introduced.
Thats not entirely true, the NHS has to save over a billion in the next three years by spending less/saving money from thier suppliers.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thats not entirely true, the NHS has to save over a billion in the next three years by spending less/saving money from thier suppliers.
I don't think that is a long term reform.

NHS reform is a no go area politically. The best opportunity was missed by Tony Blair who had a massive majority but funked it.

IBA

I agree with mr 2000 , the policy simply doesn't address the problem, we're storing up enormous problems for the future because of a political compromise.

downthetrack

Ive done a lot of work for the NHS over the years in there small town hospitals. Exmouth ,Honiton, Sidmouth, Axminster, Seaton and Budleigh.
Doing pointless hard landscaping.Total waste of money imo.
Good for me i spose

IBA

Ive done a lot of work for the NHS over the years in there small town hospitals. Exmouth ,Honiton, Sidmouth, Axminster, Seaton and Budleigh.
Doing pointless hard landscaping.Total waste of money imo.
Good for me i spose
What's 'hard landscaping'? did you wear a t-shirt in January , have lots of tatoos and look like Grant mitchell? Or it is landscaping that is particyularly
difficult or it is simply landscaping a hard surface such as concrete, which would be pretty difficult as well I suppose.

Alistair20000

I agree with mr 2000 , the policy simply doesn't address the problem, we're storing up enormous problems for the future because of a political compromise.
Health care, care of the elderly, pensions. Three areas where some tough decisions have to be made but there is no political will to grasp the nettle; nor any sense of realism by the general public. We is fooked.

IBA

Health care, care of the elderly, pensions. Three areas where some tough decisions have to be made but there is no political will to grasp the nettle; nor any sense of realism by the general public. We is fooked.
Sorry should make that Mr 20000, you're 10 times the person I thought you were!

downthetrack

landscaping a hard surface such as concrete, which would be pretty difficult as well I suppose.
The above,concrete, slabs ect. For patients to sit outside.
Patients in those hospital only come out in a woodern box.

Mr Jinx

Agreed. You can only paper over the cracks for so long.