• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

NHS Reforms botch up or a victory for common sense?

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Alan Milburn's comments in the Torygraph today are interesting and support what you have said. In fact there will now be extra layers of bureaucracy.
I, 4-1, am shocked.

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not much call for that at the DVLA, I suspect.

What of private care homes, and door security staff?
I guess it depends on what type of country you want us to be, do we employ thousands of eastern europeans or filipino`s on the minimum wage and at zero cost to the tax-payer as regards their pensions to look after our sick, do we also perhaps employ dodgy bouncers to enforce our laws as our Police do?
This is`nt about private vs public sector, it`s about driving down costs and the level of provision to the point where capitalists can start charging ordinary people for life and death services that the poor will not be able to afford....I guess you would call that the free market, Tory Boy!

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
My feelings are nothing of the sort. My feelings are that public sector pensions are a luxury the country can no longer afford, thus more of the burden of paying for them should go back to the employee.

mfcrocker

My feelings are nothing of the sort. My feelings are that public sector pensions are a luxury the country can no longer afford, thus more of the burden of paying for them should go back to the employee.
For once I agree with you wholesale.

mfcrocker

I guess it depends on what type of country you want us to be, do we employ thousands of eastern europeans or filipino`s on the minimum wage and at zero cost to the tax-payer as regards their pensions to look after our sick, do we also perhaps employ dodgy bouncers to enforce our laws as our Police do?
This is`nt about private vs public sector, it`s about driving down costs and the level of provision to the point where capitalists can start charging ordinary people for life and death services that the poor will not be able to afford....I guess you would call that the free market, Tory Boy!
Stop using strawman arguments, it's really dull.

tavyred

A luxury or a pre-agreed part of someones terms and conditions of employment?

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
A luxury or a pre-agreed part of someones terms and conditions of employment?
The specifics weren't in my Ts & Cs. In fact, my contribution %age increased during the time prior to my freezing my contributions when my finances could no longer allow for them.

In any case, our LGPS wasn't shut down completely, only to new entrants to our pension scheme.

tavyred

The specifics weren't in my Ts & Cs. In fact, my contribution %age increased during the time prior to my freezing my contributions when my finances could no longer allow for them.
Disgraceful state of affairs, are you not in a Union!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Disgraceful state of affairs, are you not in a Union!
Given the employer contribution went up by a lot more than my meagre 0.5%, it's the least I could do.

And no, I am most certainly not in a Union. For the most part in my (and my family's) experience a bunch of self-serving ****holes with heads firmly in sand.

tavyred

Given the employer contribution went up by a lot more than my meagre 0.5%, it's the least I could do.

And no, I am most certainly not in a Union. For the most part in my (and my family's) experience a bunch of self-serving ****holes with heads firmly in sand.
Nuff said Jase!...It seems you took it up the arse and you want the rest of us to do the same.