• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next ECFC Club Captain.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sorry off topic - but there's little chance we'll play 4 attacking midfielders. Tilson is a shoe-in, unless we ask Taylor to play the holding role!?
I think Taylor might play a straightforward 4-4-2, with no holding midfielder.

Boyo

I think Taylor might play a straightforward 4-4-2, with no holding midfielder.
Even with a straightforward 4-4-2 there is still usually one player in midfield who will be more defensive minded. I actually think Taylor could do that job very well.

IndoMike

Even with a straightforward 4-4-2 there is still usually one player in midfield who will be more defensive minded. I actually think Taylor could do that job very well.
Just now you said Tilson. The good thing Boyo is that now we have many options, because we're not carrying any deadweight. To be able to choose from Martin, Holmes, Taylor, Boateng, Law plus Tilson and Sparkes is very promising. Have a feeling Holmes might be less injury-prone this season and will contribute more.

jimbo-gould

Jake Taylor captain, and Jayden vice. Happy with that, especially as it looks less likely he will leave.

IndoMike

Jake Taylor captain, and Jayden vice. Happy with that, especially as it looks less likely he will leave.
Because they were at the Fans Forum that makes sense. Don't think it's a good idea to make a new player captain : will need to prove he deserves it.

andrew p long

Ah, I wondered whether the choice of players to attend the Forum was any sort of clue....

Red Bill

Yup pretty much how I see it. It would seem pretty silly to announce someone as vice captain unless you were fairly sure he was staying. I'm usually wrong about these things though:$

Ashford Grecian

would have thought Troy might be in with a shout?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good news and exactly the right choice for both of them.

Colesman Ballz

would have thought Troy might be in with a shout?
Do try and keep up old chap ! ;)