• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next ECFC Club Captain.

Number13

Taylor was Tisdales go to man - he will be MT’s too as versatile, plays nearly every minute and gives his all. Can’t see past him as Skipper.
It'll be Jake Taylor and rightly so. Troy and Deano just wont play every game

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
It depends whether we're talking team captain or club captain. Some clubs do have both. In that scenario I'd say Jake Taylor every day of the week and twice on Sundays as team captain but maybe look at Deano as club captain, senior pro, born and raised at City, moved on and experienced the Premier League and is back again to pass on that experience to not only those in the first team squad but the younger lads making their way through the academy at whatever age level.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
It should be someone who's been at the club a while and not a newbie so Jake Taylor makes sense. Its not all that important anyway as if you have leadership qualities they will naturally come out regardless of whether you have been nominated captain.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Matt said last night that he'll announce the captaincy in 24-48. hours. He's already spoken with his chosen captain and vice captain.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’m not sure Taylor will play every game. He wouldn’t be in my first choice midfield of Martin, Law, Boateng and Holmes.

Personally think it’s good for City to have a homegrown captain, given our reputation for producing our own players, which is why Deano would be my shout.

ExeterCityLad

I'd be incredibly surprised if Lee Martin isn't our captain.

I'd be incredibly surprised if Lee Martin isn't our captain.
Signed on a Tuesday and Captain by the end of the week......not a chance

Boyo

I’m not sure Taylor will play every game. He wouldn’t be in my first choice midfield of Martin, Law, Boateng and Holmes.

Personally think it’s good for City to have a homegrown captain, given our reputation for producing our own players, which is why Deano would be my shout.
Sorry off topic - but there's little chance we'll play 4 attacking midfielders. Tilson is a shoe-in, unless we ask Taylor to play the holding role!?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
The captain should simply be the best man for the job, where he originated from shouldn't make any difference whatsoever.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry off topic - but there's little chance we'll play 4 attacking midfielders. Tilson is a shoe-in, unless we ask Taylor to play the holding role!?
I can't see Tillson being a regular in the first 11.

Laws will sit in, the likes of Taylor, Martin and Boateng will do the running.