• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Newport County v Exeter City FLT MDT 8/10/19

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
What a time to be a grecian Second in the League a win on Saturday and we could be top again, top of our group in this competition, our U23's beating a premiershite outfit convincingly. In the top three of the fair play league the womens team fourth but having played at least one game less than those above and through to the next round in the cup. Yep definitely a good time to be a grecian
Theres two of the issues you've mentioned above that I couldnt give a rats about!

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just a reminder for when you see the second goal on the highlights that Matt Jay is right footed.

Only need a draw v. WHU on Nov 13th to go through. Not sure why it's on a Wednesday, though.
In fact a one goal defeat would see us thru above WHU, or if Cheltenham fail to win (the night before) v Newport.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
FT 0-2.

Mickey mouse competition I know but a good warm up for Jonny M ready for the real action plus a good hour for Nige to help his rehab.
Plus, of course, young Mr Jay posing a couple of nice problems for KMT.
All in all, more positives than negatives tonight.

Plus, as budegrecian has mentioned the £10k as well...prize money for us probably exceeded the gate money for them!!!

PS: Does this mean we've qualified for the next round already?
Mate : do you know if we draw after 90 mins is the prize money split, or does the winner of the penalty shout-out take the 10k?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Busy 5 days for Will Dean ; Thursday U23s -v- Villa. Saturday MOTM for Truro. Today City (so called) first team.

I have got confused. I didn’t think we played our players out on loan in this competition . No sign of Randell,Key,Kite, Dyer or Hartridge even on the bench.
Also not sure why it's being described as Will Dean's first start given he started three games in this competition last season. More importantly how did he do tonight? Does he look ready to be the next cab off the academy rank and play in the first team?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
FT 0-2.

Mickey mouse competition I know but a good warm up for Jonny M ready for the real action plus a good hour for Nige to help his rehab.
Plus, of course, young Mr Jay posing a couple of nice problems for KMT.
All in all, more positives than negatives tonight.
How did Seymour and Fisher do playing together? Does that look like a possible combo for Saturday?

scottus86

Matt Jay needs to be involved in the first team much more often. He must be one of our most prolific goalscorers/clinical finishers and we're talking about how we aren't taking our chances after nearly every game.

ryancooper327

Also not sure why it's being described as Will Dean's first start given he started three games in this competition last season. More importantly how did he do tonight? Does he look ready to be the next cab off the academy rank and play in the first team?
I think he was ok. Got done a couple times but so was the rest of the defence. Pretty pacey. I think he looked good in the RWB role despite not having much time there last night

ryancooper327

Theres two of the issues you've mentioned above that I couldnt give a rats about!
Thanks for your ever valuable input.

robchave

If I was a Newport fan, I'd be wondering how the hell we lost that. As they say, 'goals change games'.