• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Newport 2 Apr 22 Discussion

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well Grecians who would have thought that it is still in our hands with 8 games left with 4 "6 Pointers" starting with Newport.
Can our magnificent Grecian away following help us get closer next Saturday ?
UTC

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Win on Saturday and I think I will REALLY start to believe.

david61

2/4/1956, Exeter 2 Newport 0, a repeat 66 years later would fit the bill.

bootesful

Anyone with spare tickets? Myself and son will be in Newport as I'm picking him up from uni in Cardiff that morning and we're even dropping off a friend of his who has a ticket! Was surprised by it selling out in a day- we had it on the calendar from the moment the fixture list was out.

Anyone with spare tickets? Myself and son will be in Newport as I'm picking him up from uni in Cardiff that morning and we're even dropping off a friend of his who has a ticket! Was surprised by it selling out in a day- we had it on the calendar from the moment the fixture list was out.

Ditto! First I knew about tickets on sale was when I found they were sold out. Shame as It was a 'must do' for me and my West Midlands living son. Same happened with Bristol Rovers too. Suppose it just shows what a fantastic away-travelling club we are!

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Dawson
Key Sweeney Stubbs Hartridge Caprice
Collins Rowe
Dieng (sub Jay 80 minutes)
Brown Zanzala (sub Phillips 60 minutes)

Presumably Podge ineligible

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Got a good feeling about this game. Newport with a loss and a draw in their last two games have massive pressure on them and even a draw against us will see them probably slide out of the top 7. They will have to attack thus leaving space for us to counter attack and we will come away with a 2-1 win. Personally I think Tranmere and Newport will drop out of the play offs replaced by Swindon and Mansfield.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ditto! First I knew about tickets on sale was when I found they were sold out. Shame as It was a 'must do' for me and my West Midlands living son. Same happened with Bristol Rovers too. Suppose it just shows what a fantastic away-travelling club we are!
There is always going to be excess demand for the most local fixtures, and Club and Trust agreed some years ago the priority list for these.

So Gold and Silver Trust members get first dibs at tickets for in-demand away fixtures. If you qualify you should have had an email about tickets, and should contact the club if you didn't get this. If not, then sympathy but the home clubs determine how many tickets go to away fans and Newport have just over 1,000 away allocation. So a sell-out was inevitable, as was the case at Rovers.

There is always going to be excess demand for the most local fixtures, and Club and Trust agreed some years ago the priority list for these.

Thanks for this! Just a bit sore we can't go! I think I am a priority member but I didn't see a mail. Is there a Bronze? I"ll know for the future now!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

So Gold and Silver Trust members get first dibs at tickets for in-demand away fixtures. If you qualify you should have had an email about tickets, and should contact the club if you didn't get this. If not, then sympathy but the home clubs determine how many tickets go to away fans and Newport have just over 1,000 away allocation. So a sell-out was inevitable, as was the case at Rovers.
It's frustrating becuase, like at Sutton, there are still plenty of places available in the home end but, for whatever reason, Newport don't, or can't, increase the away allocation.