• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Kit

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Seems odd that we're not changing the away shirt. Maybe moving to an alternating pattern as a method of selling more kits, rather than dropping both at the same time?
My guess is perhaps our deal with Joma comes to an end at the end of the season? If this is the case (not saying it is), it would mean only one of our shirts would have a lifespan of one season were we to change kit suppliers for next season, whereas if we were to release a new away shirt, two shirts then would only have a lifespan of one season.

It’s very rare that a club would keep a shirt in use for over 2 seasons, especially in this day and age where some clubs (prem ones especially) release 3 new kits a season regardless of sponsor changes.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm liking the new badge design actually. I like the contrasting red and black. Very snazzy.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
And I hope Tisdale and Perryman didn't design it as another parting shot.
Yes they have ensured that there is plenty of green incorporated in to it!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Will be launched on 11 July, and there will be a launch event where fans will get the chance to meet players and management.

budegrecian

....will continue with the popular flourescent yellow kit as the clubs away kit.... Quote from the club website.
I have to say it's never been popular with me, but each to their own, I guess.

sign of the chimes

It’s very rare that a club would keep a shirt in use for over 2 seasons, especially in this day and age where some clubs (prem ones especially) release 3 new kits a season regardless of sponsor changes.
I'd wager that almost all clubs change both (all three) kits every season now. That said, most clubs - including mine - only have their shirts on sale at full price for about four months of the year before getting in to significant reductions - which I'm guessing you don't need to do if the product has a longer shelf-life.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
is this a sneak preview on the Club's Twitter account?

Larry Wilkie

is this a sneak preview on the Club's Twitter account?

Looks like it. Goes with the other picture that showed the club badge. Ooh they are a tease aren't they!!

Temporarily Exiled

From what I can make out, it looks like a buttoned collar of sorts? Interesting stitching too - different material?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
From what I can make out, it looks like a buttoned collar of sorts? Interesting stitching too - different material?
For lacing the neck up?