• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Fan

bfranklin

Hi everyone,

Football fan from America here. After closely following the Bundesliga and EPL for a handful of years, I have continued to search for an English club to truly support, but never got attached to any one. Recently, I've been delving more into lower leagues, not just the Premier League (I hate how 99% of Americans support Chels/Man U/Man City/Liverpool/Arsenal/Spurs). I've developed a liking of Exeter for several reasons, some you may think are odd and you probably think I'm crazy for hoping to be a committed supporter of your club. Anyway, just wanted to say hello! The American sports teams I support for the most part suck (Chicago Bulls, Chicago White Sox, Tennessee Titans, Chicago Blackhawks) so maybe I'll find better luck from here on out... started off nicely with the 4-1 victory on Saturday!
Hey Michael, also a supporter from Chicago! I read often, but rarely if ever post, looking to get a little more involved.

MichaelUSA

Hey Michael, also a supporter from Chicago! I read often, but rarely if ever post, looking to get a little more involved.
Oh wow! How did you become a supporter?

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sarah and Amber were also American based City fans briefly...

fred binneys head

What a thread that was....

Alistair20000

:) That whole episode left me very confused and, to this day, i don't really know what it was all about.
Are there records for those interested that can be accessed on the episode and if so can you throw them a bone please Lionel ?

StroudGrecian

Are there records for those interested that can be accessed on the episode and if so can you throw them a bone please Lionel ?
Maybe best to leave that one Al, not sure anyone came out of it covered in glory...

Alistair20000

Maybe best to leave that one Al, not sure anyone came out of it covered in glory...
I don't recall it at all. Happy not to go there if that be are your advice but how long ago was it ?

bfranklin

Oh wow! How did you become a supporter?
Stumbled upon them playing FIFA about 6 years ago and have been a fan since.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Stumbled upon them playing FIFA about 6 years ago and have been a fan since.
That's how Ryan in Adelaide became a fan too!

MichaelUSA

That's how Ryan in Adelaide became a fan too!
FIFA had to do with mine as well. Was researching not only a club to support but a club to play manager with on FIFA. I like how there aren't many other clubs in the area unlike in London, East Midlands and Northwest, so most in the area support the club :)

Last edited: