• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Fan

MichaelUSA

Hi everyone,

Football fan from America here. After closely following the Bundesliga and EPL for a handful of years, I have continued to search for an English club to truly support, but never got attached to any one. Recently, I've been delving more into lower leagues, not just the Premier League (I hate how 99% of Americans support Chels/Man U/Man City/Liverpool/Arsenal/Spurs). I've developed a liking of Exeter for several reasons, some you may think are odd and you probably think I'm crazy for hoping to be a committed supporter of your club. Anyway, just wanted to say hello! The American sports teams I support for the most part suck (Chicago Bulls, Chicago White Sox, Tennessee Titans, Chicago Blackhawks) so maybe I'll find better luck from here on out... started off nicely with the 4-1 victory on Saturday!

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Welcome Michael, we could do with a few more fans at the moment!

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Say hi to Pete.

ecfc2000

You think you'll have better luck supporting a tinpot 'soccer' club than one of the most successful sports organisations in the history of sports (Chicago bulls)?! Welcome to the mad house anyway.

MichaelUSA

I was born in '96 so haven't witnessed/remembered much success. I grew up watching the 2001-present day Bulls. Not a ton of success post-MJ (doh)

rustle

Not a ton of success (doh)
Could say pretty much the same about City's home games! We seem to do better away so as long as you keep away from SJP you'll enjoy the ride. Welcome aboard (but still not sure why City...)

ecfc2000

I was born in '96 so haven't witnessed/remembered much success. I grew up watching the 2001-present day Bulls. Not a ton of success post-MJ (doh)
But now you have Dwayne Wade!! ;) Big Magic fan here, sadly.

If Benny the Bull was our mascot, I wouldn't care if we lost every match.

Last edited:

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good morning Michael and welcome. You are not the only one to have been attracted to us randomly. There's a guy called Ryan from Adelaide, Australia, who started following us almost 2 years ago. He's a similar age to you as well. There are a few others around the world too.

robchave

Hi Michael. Welcome!

You could be starting to follow us at a very good time!

Either . . . we have a very good squad and the early season injuries have hampered the ability of our talented manager to put out the side he wants. Results, for some reason mostly at home, have therefore been terrible. However, that's all about to change as players come back from injury; the young loan-signings find their feet; the players/manager remember that you have to actually shoot before you can score - and from now on the season will be a glorious success . . .

Or . . . it won't be!

Anyway, supporting a lower league team is not a quest for glory (although one can always dream), more a lifelong penance for misdeeds in a previous life!

Last edited:

Tim Long

I've developed a liking of Exeter for several reasons, some you may think are odd
Considering that we have had someone support the club in the past because he believed he lived in Exeter in a previous life, I doubt there's much we will think is odd.