• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

"Never Say Die"

Fareham Grecian

I thought the book was fantastic. Properly written and well produced.

TVR, there's no doubting that your stories would fascinate a lot of us, so.... write a book yourself! I'll give you £12.50 for it.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
is a good shout! they say everyones got a book in them... go for it Al!

elginCity

'The Thoughts of Chairman Al'

I'd buy it too..

Pete Martin (CTID)

I don't deny its not a good book, but so far every book written on the Trust has missed out the hard part......
Just curiosity Al....were you aware the book was being put together and did you offer your story about the "hard part" to the author and, if so, what was the outcome? Have you offfered the story to anyone previously?

NSD is a great read but I agree that your early tales would have made additional interesting material.

Thames Valley Red

I knew a book was being written, but had no idea by whom, so had no way of providing input.

I don't want to deflect away from the good read, but perhaps a review of the record and some research about the early members would have added to the read. I go on about Walsall away in the FACUP when we got laughed at by most that arrived in the car park, as we gave out leaflets. It was bloomin' cold and real low-point in the early influencing period, people even at the Buckerell Lodge saw it as a difficult period and the Express and Echo hack that covered the meeting was after a 'fight/struggle' story between the lowly fans and the club.

The first 18 months of the Trust were hard but rewarding times. The Accrington away team bus sponsorship and the DISCO campaign were missed in relation to the Argyle coach a while later. Some funny points in our history.

The book will be written in about 20 years time, if I make that far!

Well done to the fund raising though a great effort!!

UTC

TVR

geoffwp

'The Thoughts of Chairman Al'

I'd buy it too..
I'd call it 'confessions of a trust starter'. Sounds much more sexy and should add to the sales.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Read it back to front yesterday while at home....

fantastic read , very intresting that Tisdale credits , Edwards , Gill and Stansfied ! of course as he 3 most important players during his time.

Also ive decided something after reading the book , Tisdale isnt a football manager in terms of the old skool , but very much heading down the Arsene Wenger line , massive comparison but the thought process in some of his bits in the book are brilliant.

exeips

Read it back to front yesterday while at home....
How come you didn't start at the front Credy? :D

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
How come you didn't start at the front Credy? :D
Nah , always start at the back , more intresting.

nicksp

Hi
Nick Spencer here. I wrote the book. Thanks so much for all who have bought it and the generally favourable reviews.
Am truly sorry about the pages that worked loose!
It nearly finished me getting it done on schedule but seems to have been worthwhile.
I think we are nearing 1,500 copies sold so there should be a decent sum for the ST before long.
Amazon take a huge chunk of commission (Tony Pryce and Smith's a bit less) so if anyone does still want a copy the best way of maximising money for the club is for me to sell it direct (p&p free).
It's available on eBay (under sporting goods), or if that is no good for you email me on [email protected] for alternatives (eg cheque to ST).
UTC
Nick