• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

"Never Say Die"

A Slacker

Fantastic book which I really enjoyed. I just love reading City related stuff. Can't believe that it's only133,836 Amazon's books sales rankings.

Thames Valley Red

Great read.shame it missed the early years of the Trust and glossed over the hardwork of the originals. I still waiting for a book that covers the meeting at the Halifax games, the meeting at the Buckerell Lodge in detail and the work of 6/7 people I have previously mentioned. Apart from that a great read.

Benito

Got this for Christmas. Nice!

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's available online from Amazon.co.uk at the cover price of £12.99, including free postage
Thanks Cygnus.. [y]

crocks

Still havent got my copy yet....:-(

RHINO

Thought the book started off very well with loads of behind the scenes type stuff but then it tailed off as if the writer got bored and just wanted it finished still enjoyed it thoughl

Ian Sideman

I still waiting for a book that covers the meeting at the Halifax games, the meeting at the Buckerell Lodge in detail and the work of 6/7 people I have previously mentioned. Apart from that a great read.
TVR - Can you recount this for us. I would be genuinely interested, as I'm sure would many others. Please.

Thanks

LammieLammieLammie

AL, There is so much to tell in detail, and I think there is a fuller book still to be written about the story. For example, I would have liked interviews with Eamo, and Scotty, and also Hux.

As a fund raiser for the trust, and a brief history of the last five years I think it's right up there.

Thames Valley Red

AL, There is so much to tell in detail, and I think there is a fuller book still to be written about the story. For example, I would have liked interviews with Eamo, and Scotty, and also Hux.

As a fund raiser for the trust, and a brief history of the last five years I think it's right up there.
I don't deny its not a good book, but so far every book written on the Trust has missed out the hard part. The meetings held in the Old Spot (Halifax Home I think) when at the first meeting 20-30 people decided we needed to fight back against the decline. We then organised a meeting where we decided to launch the Trust and at first the Supporters Club were nervy. Even back to York away when I tried to persuade Dave Bennett and Roy Saggers we were not trying to form an independent supporters club.

Then the meeting when we voted a committee in place and the lady turned up that heckled and moaned about the lack of tannoy, then left, most people at the meeting were perplexed as the meeting had probably no more than 40 people. We did we vote in a committee.

The parts about Paul Garnham organizing the bank account with myself and Martin Ellicott as signatories. the battle to get from 8 paid up DD in the first weeks to getting over 100. The part about showing the club we meant business by raising some money. The conversations with Noel Blake and he picked up the phone to me with the words; 'Madhouse how may I help you...finishing the call and agreeing to spend £1,500 on a training wall and some training kit. But explaining we would hold money back until we had some real power.

The stand up argument with Russell in the boardroom when I asked how much he wanted to leave our club, months prior to the Southend game. The interviews on radio '5' live about the 'Gary Alexander Transfer Trust', before we reset our objectives and became the ECFCST. The visits by to Birbeck College to get help from David Boyle and Supports Direct.

In the early days around 8 people including Fiona Neligan, Dave Bradford. Norman, Chris Lowman, Dave T, and others above struggled to convince people we had a place within our club. There would be more stories if people took the time to fully understand the history and pressures of starting up the Trust.

People like Ian Huxham joined when we had 80 odd members, it was at a point where the funds were growing to closer to £20,000 in the bank. At this point the club were still skeptical, but could see we had momentum.

UTC

TVR

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
i enjoyed the book greatly, but shabba didnt