• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mosque At Ground Zero?

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Islam is beautiful, man, it's just some muslims that aren't.
Islam was 600 years late, Christianity rules.

Had some JWs call the other day, spent a little time ******* them off rather than slamming the door in their faces, that bunch have less of a clue than the Ronnies.

ecfc_adamski

Blessed are the meek.
Oh! I am pleased, coz they have a helluva time of it!!!

StroudGrecian

Sorry to drag this thread back up, but was rereading bits and have to say I think we are more advanced than Ancient Greece. For all their lofty ideas on democracy it has to be stated that only one city state was a democracy and even their economy was based on mass slavery.
Certainly we have more developed systems of democracy, but how is democracy measured as being 'more advanced' than other systems of government and political control such as theocracies, oligarchies or communism? We also have half the world suffering in economic slavery, entire countries saddled with unsustainable levels of debt as a direct result of having engaged with our 'advanced' western capitalist world.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Certainly we have more developed systems of democracy, but how is democracy measured as being 'more advanced' than other systems of government and political control such as theocracies, oligarchies or communism? We also have half the world suffering in economic slavery, entire countries saddled with unsustainable levels of debt as a direct result of having engaged with our 'advanced' western capitalist world.
And where's the gratitude for our help?

StroudGrecian

Well Hermann has dealt with the slavers who conquered most of the known world by killing anyone that got in their way, which leaves us Mesoliths who's raison D was, if it isn't related to you, kill it and eat it.
The Prehistoric Society would be most interested to read your thesis in full.

StroudGrecian

And where's the gratitude for our help?
They build their bleedin hovels on flood plains and fault lines to try to make us feel guilty, the selfish bastards.

Mr Jinx

Just as an aside - did anyone else watch Richard Dawkins 'The God Delusion' on More4 the other day? I'd read the book already, but this just got me angered. I'd recently been wanting to emigrate Stateside...but am now hastily reviewing that. A place where agnosticism is the new communism.

Poultice

The Prehistoric Society would be most interested to read your thesis in full.
Nah, it's old news.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

tavyred

They build their bleedin hovels on flood plains and fault lines to try to make us feel guilty, the selfish bastards.
I`m sure a western liberal demoracy like ours would have chosen a decent infrastructure to cope better with a natural disaster, after all it`s what advanced countries like ours do.
The Pakinstani`s on the other hand prioritise the building of nuclear weapons!....stupid "bastards" I say!