• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mosque At Ground Zero?

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
I see old Prezzy Obama, who`s staring down the barrel of a one term presidency, is at the wrong end of public opinion again.
It`s often said that the assimilation of moslems into the way of life in the U.S and the religious tolerance shown to them is an example to us in Europe...perhaps not!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100814/ts_afp/uspoliticsreligionattacksobama_20100814172344#mwpphu-container

Red the Paper

Banned
I see old Prezzy Obama, who`s staring down the barrel of a one term presidency, is at the wrong end of public opinion again.
It`s often said that the assimilation of moslems into the way of life in the U.S and the religious tolerance shown to them is an example to us in Europe...perhaps not!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100814/ts_afp/uspoliticsreligionattacksobama_20100814172344#mwpphu-container
I think they just want to build one and when it gets filled at morning prayers so some nutter can go inside and take revenge. You heard it here first.

IMHO I think Obama is an assassination in the making

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
One of the ironies of religious freedom and liberty for all is that sometimes you have to let those you dislike practice their freedom.

there has been a mosque in the vicinity for over 40 years ...

citysfinest

The big powers have silenced me. So much for free
Seeing as they had nothing to do with 9/11 let em crack on, was set up by govt.

Oli

IMHO I think Obama is an assassination in the making
If he doesn't get voted out first.

Oli

It isn't actually at ground zero is it? It is just near.

If you want religious freedom and choice for all, you kind of have to let it go. The organisers however might well be advised to look for alternative sites for PR reasons.

tavyred

It isn't actually at ground zero is it? It is just near.

If you want religious freedom and choice for all, you kind of have to let it go. The organisers however might well be advised to look for alternative sites for PR reasons.
I believe the proposed site is within two blocks of Ground Zero, still close enough to cause offence though.
The problem for the liberals in America is that public opinion in the U.S. really has clout, patriotism is huge in the States and you ignore it at your peril.
For instance, unlike in Europe I cannot imagine the average American moslem uttering phrases like "my moslem brothers and sisters in Afghanistan/Iraq etc" without being challenged by a outraged "patriot"!
In many ways Islam in the U.S. is a bullsh*t free zone, to many Americans Islam had it`s chance and the door of tolerance was firmly shut when Islamic terrorists chose to slaughter 3,000 people on 9/11.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
patriotism is huge in the States
But so are bigamy and racism...
Obama hasn't done anything particularly outrageous, its just vast swathes of America are filled with gun toting, redneck crackers.

Last edited:

tavyred

.........its just vast swathes of America are filled with gun toting, redneck crackers.
Who vote and pay taxes!:)

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
haha barely!! They don't know the meaning of taxation. If I had been born in the states and did exactly what I do now I would be paid the eqivalent amount in dollars but with less than half the tax I pay now. Not only that but the cost of living is considerably cheaper. Petrol is a quarter of the price, even people on low incomes can afford housing outside of the fashionable areas, over here you practically need dual incomes to even be able to get on the ladder.
They have no idea...

and as for "voting"... what was the turnout? did it reach 50%??

Last edited: