• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

More problems at Bolton Wanderers

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Keep hearing on the radio of 6 or 7 other EFL clubs in serious trouble but never any names mentioned, I guess Macclesfield and Northampton could be two of them but who are the others?

Colesman Ballz

Keep hearing on the radio of 6 or 7 other EFL clubs in serious trouble but never any names mentioned, I guess Macclesfield and Northampton could be two of them but who are the others?
Macc will almost certainly be one. How about Bristol Rovers, their owner promised petrol millions for a new stadium and training ground and has come up with nothing, and their manager was pretty downbeat last year about the limited cash he had at his disposal ? Port Vale were up for sale, but can't remember if they did change hands or not ?

Oldsmobile-88

? Port Vale were up for sale, but can't remember if they did change hands or not ?
Yes..New owner..

Colesman Ballz

Yes..New owner..
So Norman Smurthwaite did sell up after a less than glorious tenure at Port Vale, He made his pile as a property developer and only last year bought Nuneaton's ground when they ran into difficulties. He is said to be one of the potential suitors (or perhaps that should be vultures ???) for Bury.

Oldsmobile-88

So Norman Smurthwaite did sell up after a less than glorious tenure at Port Vale, He made his pile as a property developer and only last year bought Nuneaton's ground when they ran into difficulties. He is said to be one of the potential suitors (or perhaps that should be vultures ???) for Bury.
He was also interested in Notts County if they went into administration..He could have picked them up for a quid if they had of done.

i8cornwall

There is talk of Trouble at Oldham from talking to some of there fans.

i8cornwall

If like you say they own the ground and hotel (Never realised there was a hotel) there is a sort of bargaining chip? If the land is owned by the Council then it's a leasehold property? but still an asset i guess. When Pompey went tits up they had land to sell, So just opposite the ground is a massive Tesco that got given approval which really helped them, Mind there are local stories that the Council there were a bit "Over sympathetic" with Pompey's plight when granting planning permission for the Tesco's, If you've been there you wonder how the Council agreed to it beause its a nightmare around there, The traffic is awful and on matchdays is unbearable. If they weren't in financial do do planning for the Tesco would never have been agreed
The hotel is the sticking point, there is a small arena attached to it as well. Boohoo are apparently the people who are the preferd bidder. Other then the ground a hotel wanderers don't actally own much in way of bargaining chips. The training ground is built on a green belt site so can't be sold for housing either. It also doesn't help that the club and hotel have two different administrators which is slowing everything down as the hotel isn't working to as tight a deadlines as the club is.

I did always wonder why that tesco was so close to there ground, I wonder if Portsmouth council will get the land if or when pompey do move to a new ground.

DB9

The hotel is the sticking point, there is a small arena attached to it as well. Boohoo are apparently the people who are the preferd bidder. Other then the ground a hotel wanderers don't actally own much in way of bargaining chips. The training ground is built on a green belt site so can't be sold for housing either. It also doesn't help that the club and hotel have two different administrators which is slowing everything down as the hotel isn't working to as tight a deadlines as the club is.

I did always wonder why that tesco was so close to there ground, I wonder if Portsmouth council will get the land if or when pompey do move to a new ground.
Two administrators? Blimey bet they're costing a good wedge! Pompey own the ground and any relocation I reckon Fratton Park will certainly be given over to housing considering it's location

i8cornwall

Two administrators? Blimey bet they're costing a good wedge! Pompey own the ground and any relocation I reckon Fratton Park will certainly be given over to housing considering it's location
Yeah two. It was the former owner Ken Andersons parting gift. This is why it has taken so long as the hotel admin have taken longer then the football club admin.

There are mumourings that the deal for the club is close but I'll believe it when I see it.

You would imagine that the land would be given over for housing at fratton park. It's a shame as I love that ground.

DB9

Yeah two. It was the former owner Ken Andersons parting gift. This is why it has taken so long as the hotel admin have taken longer then the football club admin.

There are mumourings that the deal for the club is close but I'll believe it when I see it.

You would imagine that the land would be given over for housing at fratton park. It's a shame as I love that ground.
Fratton Park is great old fashioned ground, Unfortunately it is starting to show it's age and in the last two close seasons the cost to get the ground it's safety certificate is cracking on towards the £2m mark!