• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

More problems at Bolton Wanderers

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
EFL will have to do something about this situation, Not fair on other teams, Bolton might get more points deducted and Bury I'm afraid need to be expelled if Friday's deadline is missed, Don't want to see a club end up like that but the EFL are looking pretty lame at the moment

exeter-loyal

Can see both Bolton and Bury sadly going at this rate.

i8cornwall

Club asked the EFL to call off the Tranmmear game Saturday but they refused. Sadly the EFL have been no help through out this and donny have got stuck in the middle.

It's the right call, can't expect 16 and 17 year olds to play a 4th game in 11 days.

Not hopful we will see the season out but this is Bolton so god knows what will happen.

DB9

Club asked the EFL to call off the Tranmmear game Saturday but they refused. Sadly the EFL have been no help through out this and donny have got stuck in the middle.

It's the right call, can't expect 16 and 17 year olds to play a 4th game in 11 days.

Not hopful we will see the season out but this is Bolton so god knows what will happen.
Think you're in a better position than Bury, You've games under your belt and there is a takeover in the offing, Fingers crossed that'll get over the line but if you're deducted more points through not completing a fixture you might have to take the hit and resign yourselves to L2 footie next season

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Phil Parkinson has had enough of being manager and resigned.

IndoMike

The EFL has a lot to answer for, but on the lucrative salaries the EFL directors are on you won't see any resignations or taking responsibility there.
The PFA? What about their duty of care for unpaid players? What are they doing to help?
I totally disagree with requests from Bury and Bolton fans for assistance from the big teams. This would amount to unfair competition, which Bury has already benefitted from last season.
These fans don't seem to understand that their clubs are giving the lower divisions a very bad name and providing ammunition to the FA which would be quite happy for the lower divisions to disappear.
I'm sorry but, like Exeter City, they have to bite the bullet, get their act together, and start again at a lower level. They need to be kicked out and the Football League should be the subject of an inquiry regarding their negligence.

i8cornwall

The EFL has a lot to answer for, but on the lucrative salaries the EFL directors are on you won't see any resignations or taking responsibility there.
The PFA? What about their duty of care for unpaid players? What are they doing to help?
I totally disagree with requests from Bury and Bolton fans for assistance from the big teams. This would amount to unfair competition, which Bury has already benefitted from last season.
These fans don't seem to understand that their clubs are giving the lower divisions a very bad name and providing ammunition to the FA which would be quite happy for the lower divisions to disappear.
I'm sorry but, like Exeter City, they have to bite the bullet, get their act together, and start again at a lower level. They need to be kicked out and the Football League should be the subject of an inquiry regarding their negligence.
So City should have also been kicked out of the football league and all the staff, local companies and fans made to suffer then?

At no point have Wanderers fans asked the prem for help, in fact the general feeling among us that we are alone (give wanderers ways a read if you don't believe me) . No figure heads or club legends seem to be beating the drum to save us or to find an owner. If and it's looking likly that football ventures dont get the hotel attached to the ground that they would pull out from the deal. That would mean we would go under. The staff at the club would lose there jobs, a town the size of Exeter would lose a huge part of its local economy and 100 plus years of history would go. That is what we are facing up to here, people lives could be ruined so maybe think past the apprent lie that we have some how cheated the other 91 EFL clubs here.

IndoMike

So City should have also been kicked out of the football league and all the staff, local companies and fans made to suffer then?

At no point have Wanderers fans asked the prem for help, in fact the general feeling among us that we are alone (give wanderers ways a read if you don't believe me) . No figure heads or club legends seem to be beating the drum to save us or to find an owner. If and it's looking likly that football ventures dont get the hotel attached to the ground that they would pull out from the deal. That would mean we would go under. The staff at the club would lose there jobs, a town the size of Exeter would lose a huge part of its local economy and 100 plus years of history would go. That is what we are facing up to here, people lives could be ruined so maybe think past the apprent lie that we have some how cheated the other 91 EFL clubs here.
Clubs have to know that they cannot overspend and then expect bail-outs. It is unfair competition and irresponsible City learnt the lesson that a couple of dodgy/fraudulent owners can almost ruin a club and we didn't make that mistake again.
As I said in my post, which you ignored, the EFL has a lot to answer for. They claimed the right to act as arbiters of fit and proper tests for potential club owners and they failed miserably.
Of course people will lose their jobs, as they do in shops, factories, restaurants etc that close. That's the real world. I worked in a job and went unpaid for 4 months because the company I worked for went broke. That's the truth, and it's not pleasant. It's the real world.

IndoMike

The latest on this issue is that the EFL is considering a salary cap. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, but at least it would stop clubs in Div 2 like Bury paying 7000 quid a week to a player to increase their chance of promotion.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think min-max caps would be a good thing as long as they were established across all levels of the professional pyramid and reviewed annually. If they were to do it they should give the responsibility for setting the limits to the players association so it's independent of the league governance orgs who would have vested interest in clubs.