• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

More changes to the FA Cup

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Leaving the FA Cuo scenario to one side for the moment personally I would really love to see all the PL teams disappear from our football pyramid and set up their own super league somewhere outside of these shores as soon as possible and let’s restructure along the same lines of the original football league just quite simply into say four divisions no more nonsensical league or championship which is a complete load of rubbish.

We can do this if we put our minds to it maybe this might provide a platform for more clubs like ourselves to be supporter owned and give the game back to supporters generally no more obscene sums of money going into the pockets of over paid and over hyped prima donnas.
If they up sticks and leave, I am sure they will be taking their money with them too!

Boyo

It appears to me that the changes are being driven by TV companies insisting that they have exclusive TV broadcast slots in the later rounds, which presumably means there will be no Premier league games the same weekends. That is why there's no space for replays. So in a nutshell, we can't have replays because the TV companies want to maximise their advertising revenue.

Boyo

Leaving the FA Cuo scenario to one side for the moment personally I would really love to see all the PL teams disappear from our football pyramid and set up their own super league somewhere outside of these shores as soon as possible and let’s restructure along the same lines of the original football league just quite simply into say four divisions no more nonsensical league or championship which is a complete load of rubbish.

We can do this if we put our minds to it maybe this might provide a platform for more clubs like ourselves to be supporter owned and give the game back to supporters generally no more obscene sums of money going into the pockets of over paid and over hyped prima donnas.
Mmm, I think the root of the concern is that little clubs will lose the potential to have replays against the big clubs. Removing the big clubs, just means no one will ever play them again and our games against Man Utd and Liverpool would never have happened.

Boyo

EFL now saying they were not consulted.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
It appears to me that the changes are being driven by TV companies insisting that they have exclusive TV broadcast slots in the later rounds, which presumably means there will be no Premier league games the same weekends. That is why there's no space for replays. So in a nutshell, we can't have replays because the TV companies want to maximise their advertising revenue.
Yeah I mean who wants to watch Exeter v Man United when you can see Fulham v Bournemouth

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's now a petition running on change.org. Can't seem to post the link.

Grecian2K

EFL now saying they were not consulted.

Sounds like execs from the EFL are clearly miffed that they, too, weren't invited to what must have been a wonderfully lavish and liquid "lunch" provided by the PL for their FA pet poodles.
I wonder whether to big cheeses from the FA were also offered nice big brown envelopes as "goody bags" for their take away left overs?

Pete Martin (CTID)

There's now a petition running on change.org. Can't seem to post the link.
This one??

(There are actually 2 going - this one has the biggest following so far)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The EFL saying that what The FA said is wrong. What the heck going on with the FA?

denzel

The EFL saying that what The FA said is wrong. What the heck going on with the FA?

The FA is saying it was agreed but the EFL I'd saying they were told