• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Moaners at Charlton

city_red

There were a group of people not far from us (they were about half-way back, and to the right of the goal as we faced the pitch) that spent the whole match swearing at the players and moaning about everything the players did, whether good or bad.

It started immediately after kick-off and went on with hardly a pause for breath between them for the whole match.

They spoilt the day out for many of us close to them, and their constant criticism isn't likely to motivate the players much either.

If they aren't prepared to get behind the team and support them, why do they bother going to away games?

PLEASE could they get behind the team and support them, (or better still, stay at home where they can swear and moan without affecting others enjoyment)

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Was it barley coherent, drunken and complete with bits of half chewed burger flying in your hair? Because this may well have been Razors who was on fire as usual!!!

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
ah razor bless him .. he tried to get into my row but for some reason we didnt seem that keen..

not sure who the attractive girl was behind me, but wouldnt mind seeing her again ..

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
not sure who the attractive girl was behind me, but wouldnt mind seeing her again ..
I wasn't there tho ;)

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
sorry sis .. but it wasnt you .. i shouldnt say too much as i am guessing she is one of the YST's girlfriends but she helped make my day ..

sirhc

There were a group of people not far from us (they were about half-way back, and to the right of the goal as we faced the pitch) that spent the whole match swearing at the players and moaning about everything the players did, whether good or bad.

It started immediately after kick-off and went on with hardly a pause for breath between them for the whole match.

They spoilt the day out for many of us close to them, and their constant criticism isn't likely to motivate the players much either.

If they aren't prepared to get behind the team and support them, why do they bother going to away games?

PLEASE could they get behind the team and support them, (or better still, stay at home where they can swear and moan without affecting others enjoyment)
I think this group were near me. Obviously they knew nothing about football - shouting 'get the ball down', 'get it upfield' - just general nonsence

Not many players were spared abuse, but Seaborne, Stewart and Russell were given the most; particulary at Stewart when he didn't get in the box on one occasion.

cityno1ledgend

the girl was with joe southcott haa

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
sorry sis .. but it wasnt you .. i shouldnt say too much as i am guessing she is one of the YST's girlfriends but she helped make my day ..
Upset that seeing me didn't make your day :)

grecianite

Just laugh at the moaners. I am pretty damn certain that over the pat two seasons, given the rresources and support that we have that we are THE most successful team in the league at the mo. Just chill, laugh and make up for their moaning with your getting behind the team as much as you can!

IBA

I'm guessing there's plenty more moaners at Gnome Park & Plainmorgue.