• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

MK Dons Vs Exeter City Matchday Thread

pct333

The MK Dons match report :

http://www.mkdons.com/page/MatchReport/0,,10420~51659,00.html

Well done to the 606 City fans.

Newtonpop

We had a very good 1st half but didn't score, Jonesy wasn't bothered at all, didn't see our goal as was in the teabar.

2nd half they started better and eventually scored:mad: What I couldn't work out, although it was down the other end, was why wasn't he offside when he received the ball and why wasn't one of our player's covering him? Thought both lino's did ok but ref. should have stamped his authority on the game early on.

Assume Tis wasn't booked, didn't see a yellow card.

Really enjoyed the game as we played some good football, although at time's a bit too much. Wish we wouldn't keep pumping the ball up to Logan as the other team know what to do, should vary the play more, but otherwise, apart from the result, happy with what I saw.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
I'm just waiting for the 'bad day at the office' comment from our management team - pathetic.
How could it possibly be described as 'bad day at the office'? That's when we play rubbish and have, as the saying illustrates, a bad day at the office. Today we played well against an undisciplined side. Unfortunate to lose but that's sometimes the nature of the game.

Last edited:

flackyISmydadHONEST

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rae.

Please don't try and reason with the idiots.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
2nd half they started better and eventually scored:mad: What I couldn't work out, although it was down the other end, was why wasn't he offside when he received the ball and why wasn't one of our player's covering him? Thought both lino's did ok but ref. should have stamped his authority on the game early on.
He looked miles offside to me in real time, but talking after the game there's a feeling that everyone pushed out following a needless corner except for Noble, who apparently played everyone on.

I'm beginning to wish Jonah would shout "out" at the players in front of him if he wants them to push out so loudly that we could all hear him!

An "almost" performance for me. Loads of positives and good things, but perhaps too much overplaying at times.

The Tis on the pitch thing was hilarious. The ball ended there bacasue Billy played it forward just as the ref blew for their free kick.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Highlights on BBC iPlayer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00vmxwp/The_Football_League_Show_2010_2011_Episode_12/

Fast forward to 0:46:53 for our game. League 1 starts at just before 43 mins, and with Brighton demolishing another team. Our visit in a couple of weeks time will need us at our very top of our form!

Crap coverage on City though. I see Argyle have adopted Torquay tactics and just hoof the ball forward, worked well with 2 goals for them.

Last edited:

FAN-TATIC

Once again we outplay the opposition and come away with nothing points wise.
Jonah had a good game. His save from Easter was nothing short of brilliant(credit where credit is due).

City Fans magnificent in defeat.

Question though, Can Noble and Harley play in the same team (circa Lampard/Gerrand - England) I wonder if one play maker and two ball winners (Dunne/Sercs) may have been more effective than 2 play-makers(Harley/Noble and 1 ball winner

Bunker

What a frustrating game that was. How did we come away with nowt? Don't want to beat up individuals but I think we desperately need some attacking quality on the left.

Didn't think MK Dons were overly aggressive but the time wasting was shameful, especially in front of their own fans.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

FAN-TATIC

What a frustrating game that was. How did we come away with nowt? Don't want to beat up individuals but I think we desperately need some attacking quality on the left.

Didn't think MK Dons were overly aggressive but the time wasting was shameful, especially in front of their own fans.
You have to give it to them, they got 3 points and that was their aim. We'd have done the same in the same situation - balls to corner flags, long hoofs up the pitch, substitutions. etc. And remember, these days refs add on time for time wasting, its no longer a straight 90 mins.