• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

MK Dons Vs Exeter City Matchday Thread

jase 07

dunne on the bench?? Noble in... TIS WHAT ARE YOU PLAYING AT!!

Nards must be injured still.. poor signing thats turning out to be tbh..
Surely we will only know if it has turned out to be a poor signing at the end of the season or when he leaves. It is a bit early to be writing him off.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
One of the big differences this season compared to last has been the effectiveness of rotating 3 or 4 good strikers during the match. Due to injuries the last couple of weeks we haven't been able to do that, thus only 2 goals in last 3 matches.

PINHOE RED

What a pathetic post. What makes you so great. So far on this thread you have spouted utter rubbish.

You're now complaining that people on here are upset with MK Dons players, would you rather they were taking their anger out on our players?

Being upset is Ok I just dont understand the need to call them all a bunch of w'nkers etc etc, when we didnt score. But like I said I guess this is no place for reasonable discussions?

budegrecian

Logie & O'Flynn worked very hard yesterday, but it just didn't come off for them against a very good defence, which kept MK in the game, particularly in the first half. We could definitely have done with Nards or Cureton to change things.
MK made, what I presume to be, a tactical switch, in MF, just before HT, which finally enabled them to get back into the game for the first 15 mins of the second half.
However, we were the better side by a distance & it is very frustrating to get mugged in such a fashion.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I think this result may sum up our season come the end....

Good at home winning more than enough to keep us midtable...without picking up enough results away to push into the playoffs.

I still think away from home weve still got a bit of a soft centre at times.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Got bac fairly late ish last night and have had a long hard think about the game. We played some lovely football and were just so much the better football team against a rather limited m k dons. Why didnt we win? Well? Its on a game like this that makes me oh so aware of the focus and determination that Matt Taylor brings to the team, he seems to introduce a mentality that currently is somehow hidden, by our 'lovely' football or just lacking in the current team. Luved the way we knock the ball about, and thought that individually Noble had his best game. But Dunne brings/ has an urgency and aggression that we lack and, for me, brings a better balance to the midfield. Also he seems to bring the best out of serc's. Offline, works hard and given the ball he certainly knows where the goal is, which, with out stating the obvious, in a striker is an asset But for the team and especially with his strike partner he really really needs to work on his runs and movement, time and time again he just picked the wrong run or just moved into the wrong position. Ah well onwards and upwards, oh And for f s PT when asked, just avoid talking our promotion or play offs chances up again, that statement could well turn into an 'albatross' for us.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
We deserved at least a point. The team performed well in a tight match where one mistake was always likely to make the difference. I would have started with Dunne, myself, but that is just a quibble as the midfield did well, with Noble sitting behind the others in the Matt Gill style. His through ball for our disallowed goal was superb, but he still seems a bit off the pace. If Tis says we won't see the best of him until next year, I can accept that.

My man of the match was Tully, who was surprisingly subbed, although Harley, Sercs, Edwards, O'Flynn and Duffy were also in with a shout in a team performance where nobody let the fans down. All the subs who came on did well.

We were undoubtedly better than Walsall and MK Dons, but lost both games. It will turn.

Oli

Great play at times, deserved at least a draw on balance of play. MK Dons were made to look 2nd best. However we had no edge in front of goal.

Pete Martin (CTID)

.....I would have started with Dunne, myself, but that is just a quibble as the midfield did well, with Noble sitting behind the others in the Matt Gill style.
Noble is undoubtedly a class player but never seems to put a tackle in. Even Ryan puts in more. Is it because of fear of injury I wonder (even sub-consciously)?

Also, I would love to know how many games we have won or drawn with Tulls as captain, as against those where Noble has been.....

citizen33

Wasn't there and have to defer to those who were. However, I got the impression that it wasn't so much the defence or midfield 'bite' that was a problem (after all the odd goal can always go in), as the final ball and the cutting edge up front. I think an earlier poster made a good point about the effectiveness of rotating the strikers through the game, and the cutting edge problem may be solved when we get everybody fit. The final ball and especially the quality of crosses is perhaps a trickier issue. Can we get over it by coaching our existing players (GB and perhaps Thomson) or do we need somebody new coming in for that play-off place?

Last edited: