• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

MJ

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I cannot believe this thread is seven pages long, or that anyone is taking the suggestion that we sign MJ seriously
How many days of the silly season do we have left until we have a competitive match to talk about?

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well this is Exeweb.
During the summer break too

Memphis09

Really? Aitchison scored about 3 goals and had 2 assists all season, hardly pulled up any trees did he.
I know that but as a footballer he is way ahead of MJ
think if we had thinner posts he would of scored a lot more lol

Memphis09

Matter of opinion isn't it. When Aitchison was at Forest Green when they were storming L2, and we were up their arse i rated MJ better than him then..I know if Matt Jay had those stats in a season he would be getting slaughtered.
But he had those sort of stats in other seasons
just because he scored a few in one season does not make him a better player
also he took pens again badly

Memphis09

How many days of the silly season do we have left until we have a competitive match to talk about?
Could not agree more
I will have to stop replying

andrew p long

116 days to our next competitive match.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matter of opinion isn't it. When Aitchison was at Forest Green when they were storming L2, and we were up their arse i rated MJ better than him then..I know if Matt Jay had those stats in a season he would be getting slaughtered.
No way, the boy is one of own, and as such would have huge tolerance from the supporters, and he is a lovely lad, but not what we need now, move on

Colesman Ballz

I cannot believe this thread is seven pages long, or that anyone is taking the suggestion that we sign MJ seriously
There could be a lot of Exewebbers with egg all over their faces if this turns out to be true ! :p
And it might not be as "far-fetched" as it first appears ! :cool:

ryancooper327

Imagine if he does come back and gets 30 goals and assists next season playing alongside Aitchison as the two #10s. Some serious egg + face/miracle. Would also mean a front three of 5'9"ish players (with Alli).

Last edited:

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting comment - how would you have played it if you were running the club?
Please, let's not encourage further posts...