• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mike Share

AndyB

Nope. No Mikel Compartir either. ;)

bostin

Is Mike Share the new Ali Dia?

...and Paul Tisdale the new Graeme Souness?

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
It was the season before last andy if you search the archives of Sky Sports his name is mentioned on there. He then dropped down a league to play for real zaragoza before he was released.

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
And *still* no news of his girlfriend....

AndyB

Zaragoza played in the Spanish first division last year too manc, actually finishing above Betis.
I will see if I can find any more info.

AndyB

Zaragoza played in the Spanish first division last year too manc, actually finishing above Betis.
I will see if I can find any more info.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
malcolms said:
I think you'll find that Santos came via an agent
He may have been involved in the match via an agent, but im sure he played in that match and was kept on because of how well he did.

malcolms said:
As you are somebody who is closely involved with the club, did anyone know that Barnet had a trial game for 40 overseas players yesterday? Paul Fairclough is going to look at at least 6 of them more closely and expects to sign at least 2. All the players came over at their own expense and Barnet expect to hold another week long camp later in the season. Clearly, these players are keen and most likely some are still looking. I know that the Club has good relationships with Barnet and maybe a call would be worthwhile.
Wouldn't anyone be worried that even in the fifth tier of English football we have to resort to bringing over a large group of overseas players instead of looking at homegrown talent?

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
student_grecian said:
Wouldn't anyone be worried that even in the fifth tier of English football we have to resort to bringing over a large group of overseas players instead of looking at homegrown talent?
Unfortunate though it is, many of the so called homegrown talent have a wildly inflated view of what they are worth financially. Overseas players from France, Italy, and some African countries (assuming they hold European Union passports) represent much better value and are often considerably more accomplished in the skills area.

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
student_grecian said:
If they are good enough it doesnt matter to me