• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Tubbs

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's a conference player and We should not be gambling on players who do well at that level. We need proven goal scorers at league level.
I half agree with that, but at the same time, City will have to develop non-League players (as happened with for instance Harley) in the team (or Norwood on the fronges of the team) who the club can sell on for big bucks. If we don't do this, the books won't get balanced. Its fine by me to scour the non-League to find the right kind of player and occasionally take a bit of a punt. Tubbs, however, doesn't really fit that profile. He seems like yesterday's man and as I put before, has attracted interest but no other club has signed him.

Wheres Tully?

If you go looking for young talent at Non-League level then fair enough-but the guys 26 and surely wont get much better.

Woodsy

Prehaps instead of looking downwards, we should look upwards at the players let go from the big clubs, like Dunne was last year. A lot of these good players from the lower leagues who get mentioned, most of them where let go from a football league club at some point.

Wheres Tully?

Prehaps instead of looking downwards, we should look upwards at the players let go from the big clubs, like Dunne was last year. A lot of these good players from the lower leagues who get mentioned, most of them where let go from a football league club at some point.
Agree totally. With the exception of friend one of our best moves this season.

ecfc_1985

Maybe Tis read my post suggesting we have a look at him on the transfer targets thread lol.

chrisnaan

I did try to find a footballer called Crockett but had no luck. There must have been one at some point but Soccerbase drew a blank. MikeB would know.
But there is Marcus Crocker or Ryan Crockford

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is this really the type of player we want?

We are a "local club for local people" after all.

Thames Valley Red

He may be off to Bournemouth (winks!)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Maybe Tis read my post suggesting we have a look at him on the transfer targets thread lol.
And on the page before, I suggested?

:)

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
We've got one player called Tubbs already - signing another would only lead to confusion.

Agree we must look upwards - more Dunnes please