• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Tubbs

Poulticedale

I have it on good authority that we are in preliminary talks with Salisbury City striker Matt Tubbs, with a view to an initial loan move.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Could be, but remember that he didn't cut it in L2 at Bournemouth and returned with his tail between his legs.

Should Tis be signing players with tails, I wonder?

benh

Should Tis be signing players with tails, I wonder?
Maybe he wants a fox in the box.

claude duvall

loan move? that sounds unlikely. he's one of the conferences top strikers and just signed a new two year deal. i really rate him though, he's fast and clinical AND played really well against us. i think he'd be worth taking the risk that he'll make the step up.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
Takes a decent Pen (sadly!) :)

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have it on good authority that we are in preliminary talks with Salisbury City striker Matt Tubbs, with a view to an initial loan move.
Only seen him the once but I was impressed, good footballer. Him and his partner? gave our defence a pretty uncomfortable evening. My Only concern with him would be his physic, he well take a while to adjust to the extra power and strength of div 1 sides.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Only seen him the once but I was impressed, good footballer. Him and his partner? gave our defence a pretty uncomfortable evening. My Only concern with him would be his physic, he well take a while to adjust to the extra power and strength of div 1 sides.
I think his partner was Feeney, a small and tricky winger who impressed me. He went to Bournemouth at the same time as Tubbs IIRC only they hald on to him. My honest opinion of Tubbs is that if he was up to league football he would have been signed by somebody by now, given that Salisbury have been severely strapped for cash and shirley would have been prepared to sell.

Under the circumstances, I think that a trial (at best) would be more appropriate than a loan, although I suppose if he is under contract...

The Doctor

Isn't he a bit overweight?

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
He's a local player for local teams.

The Doctor

If we could find a Crockett, they'd make a great partnership