• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor's first press conference

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
The general feel of my post was correct, though I may have over-tweaked the detail a tadge. But we know it's healthy to hear an opposing view. After all, the bedrock of these boards is good balanced debate. It's what made Exeweb the forum it is today. (y)

Last edited:

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tisdale ……………. some kind of deep thinking guru, .
yep, always thought of Tis as a latter day Jack Kerouac. Like, deep man. :)

fred binneys head

I see what you did there.
Unlike King Matt, I wasn’t subtle.

Stelios

I wouldn't call them "digs at Tisdale" but I was surprised how many times he talked about doing things a bit differently to the previous regime. Different staff, different players, different style etc. Granted, he said there is no need to change everything at the club but he obviously has a few things in mind.

Means sod all until a ball is kicked of course.

Still, he got the juices flowing .......I like the cut of his jib.

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Malc, it's a script for a jester's tear!
And at least it was all resolved swiftly after the Season's End and we weren't all left Living In F.E.A.R. for ages, waiting for The Leavers to be replaced by The New Kings.

And, while I might seem a bit Brave saying this (and I do hope I'm not Clutching At Straws here) I do think we may, one day soon, be seeing The Sky Above The Rain and having a promotion Garden Party at the park.

PS: Apologies to the many NON Marillion fans here. ;)

Northern Red

Amazing how Matty T has put a huge amount of excitement back into the fans even before a balls been kicked.

I know 3 people who have barely been this season that are already looking forward to next season, change was needed 2 seasons ago & let's get behind our new boss UTC

geoffwp

I know 3 people
Well, not everyone can be popular. Keep smiling though.

Northern Red

Well, not everyone can be popular. Keep smiling though.
That's still 3 more than you

geoffwp

That's still 3 more than you
Ah but I've always been happy in my own company. :D

Last edited:

IndoMike

Good interview I thought.

As he said, we've a solid base on and off the pitch and he's going to build on that - no need to throw the baby out with the bath water. Sounds like he'll be a bit more attack minded than the latter days of Tis, which is a welcome development in my view although obviously it comes with a risk. Will be interesting to see if he can prevent more injuries than we've had in recent seasons.

It will be a tough start for him and he's going to need plenty of support. Best if he steers clear of the negative tripe on Exeweb then!
Yes, there sure is a lot of tripe on Exeweb.