• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor's first press conference

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Crikey, I better don the hard hat and kevlar. I thought it was a mediocre interview at best. I can put up with the cliches, they're only to be expected, but you could've cut the interview down by 50% simply by not repeating 'moving forward' ad nauseam. That said, I'm hopeful they'll become better as he gets used to them. Already missing Tis' simple, no-nonsense, clear cut style.
Sorry Rae, but you are so far behind the curve that the reality will pass you for the second time before you get your engine going...I can only hope that I am missing the biggest wind up since Carillion went into receivership.... :S

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can only hope that I am missing the biggest wind up since Carillion went into receivership.... :S
Malc, it's a script for a jester's tear!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Crikey, I better don the hard hat and kevlar. I thought it was a mediocre interview at best. I can put up with the cliches, they're only to be expected, but you could've cut the interview down by 50% simply by not repeating 'moving forward' ad nauseam. That said, I'm hopeful they'll become better as he gets used to them. Already missing Tis' simple, no-nonsense, clear cut style.
Have a look on the Angling Direct website, you need a new rod.

Last edited:

malcolms

Malc, it's a script for a jester's tear!
Carillion not Marillion...... :)

Red Devon

Good interview on Devon Live with Stu James...amongst things mentioned the assistant is currently working at another club he has a list of transfer targets which also includes some top targets.

fred binneys head

If there's one thing Tis wasn't it was "simple" or "no nonsense" - more like "unnecessarily complicated to try and sound clever" with "a good dollop of nonsense".

You're right about the "moving forward" bit, but I'm willing to cut King Matt some slack here, given it was his first interview as our leader. I would sooner listen to 25 of those interviews than one of Tis saying how the opposition were there to win too, that they were entitled to try and win the game and that we played well, kept our shape and played with purpose and intensity - when we've all just watched us serve up a plate of cowpat for 90 minutes.

The king is dead. Long live King Matt.

fred binneys head

I noticed that as well and have run it through my homemade psychoanalysis kit to find the hidden meanings. The results were that it was a further veiled dig at Tisdale's cautious tactics where moving the ball sideways and backwards took priority over moving forward. It was also a comment on Reuben Reid, who King Matt didn't rate, as his bulk meant that he wasn't much of a moving forward and to make it clear that he would be looking to bring in plenty of quick and nimble strike partners for Stockley :D
Spot on LOG - obvious to you and me, too subtle for Rae who's never been one for the intricacies of the English language.

Spoonz Red E

Spot on LOG - obvious to you and me, too subtle for Rae who's never been one for the intricacies of the English language.
I see what you did there.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Everything he touches will be gold until the football starts. Just seemed like repitition and cliches, to me. Wasn't massively "impressed", but neither do I have a yearning to be... want performances and results, not a man who talks a good game.

What got annoying with Tisdale is he clearly imagined himself as some kind of deep thinking guru, and was incredibly impressed with himself being interviewed... still just talked a load of nonsense though. It's a relief at least to see a man less comfortable with the camera... still talking ****, but at least he hasn't got a face like he's loving the smell of it.

100milesaway

Shouldn't believe all that you read, Especially when its like "Someone said something to someone else"
I didn’t say I believed it, just that it shined a different light on things!!