• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - sacked by Rotherham & employed by Bristol Rovers

ExmouthMart

Football isn't for you mate
As I said. Shaun Taylor. He was a Colossus in a proper promotion team.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
That’s a word you don’t hear very often nowadays. Thanks.
Rhyming slang - Berkshire Hunt. Standard Moxey response if he doesn't like what you say .. :D

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting all the analysis of post match managerial interviews. In reality, if you do well and win, you'll come across well, if you do badly and lose, you'll come across poorly. Pretty hard to buck that general rule. People in here moaning about GC saying the same things all the time etc. it's not an interview issue... We keep (or please god, kept) losing in the same way. I bet his interview after last night was refreshingly good.

paperclip

I'm no expert on Bristol Rovers or current their injury list, but in December they managed to beat Bolton, Portsmouth and Charlton in the league, which isn't too shabby. I very much doubt therefore they are now looking to get rid of MT just because they've lost their last four league games.

It's not like they have been on a run of 19 games and only won 2 is it? <insert your own Caldwell comparison here>

Average Joe

I'm no expert on Bristol Rovers or current their injury list, but in December they managed to beat Bolton, Portsmouth and Charlton in the league, which isn't too shabby. I very much doubt therefore they are now looking to get rid of MT just because they've lost their last four league games.

It's not like they have been on a run of 19 games and only won 2 is it? <insert your own Caldwell comparison here>
Why do you have to reference our own bad run whilst talking about MT?

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
The difference between tisdale and taylor was, tisdale left under a cloud, after his actions during the latter years of his reign. Taylor didn't and left with the majority wishing him well. He will always have my respect. I'm pretty certain taylor won't be bringing a bodyguard with him next week, unlike the manager before him.

paperclip

Why do you have to reference our own bad run whilst talking about MT?
I was making the point that a run of four consecutive defeats isn't massively unusual in football, especially if a squad has been hit by injuries, so talk of sacking a manager after such a run seems particularly premature.

Whereas a run of 19 games in which a team wins only 2 is far more likely to end up in a manager getting the sack. Given that the conversation is taking place on an ECFC forum I don't think it's massively unreasonable to compare Rovers' recent run with ours.

fred binneys head

I liked KMT’s interview and his one before the game. Didn’t realise how much I missed hearing someone saying “in regards to that” several times in a gentle north-west accent 😢

Antony Moxey

Rhyming slang - Berkshire Hunt. Standard Moxey response if he doesn't like what you say .. :D
It isn’t.

arthur

Another gem from Gas Forum
gasfred Avatar
gasfred
Reserve Team

17 hours ago
Jevani brown should never pull on a Rovers shirt again. From my seat in the east stand I could not believe that he spent all of his time so say warming up chatting to the Exeter subs and their fans.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reading some of the other posts it seems Taylor's position there is not dissimilar to Tisdale's. He's inherited a crock of excrement and is subtly complaining about it. When Mr Tizza was less than subtle in airing his frustrations he was sacked!